Skip navigation

36415 Views 106 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2012 9:59 AM by LadyGreyDoom RSS Go to original post 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next
  • susan-n-the black dog Legend 425 posts since
    Jun 11, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    105. Jul 7, 2012 10:07 PM (in response to LadyGreyDoom)
    Any 200+lb walkers out there?

Thanks for asking.  I didn't get to do it.  I'm on the injured reserve list at this point indefinately.  It SUCKS in a big big way.  I have a shredded achilles tendon due to a nasty vertical spur on the calcanus (sp?) and a problem with the alignment in that ankle.  To make matters worse the left knee is a MESS!  The back of the patella looks like a mountain range as does the top bone Oh I think they called it the femoral head?

I finished a set of orthovisc shots.  A cortisone shot in the front of the knee helped more that the orthovisc.  I need to give up and have surgery for the achilles. 

I'm still walking.  I do a mile or so a day with our old arthritic dog.  It is a slow walk but I refuse to give up.  I should get a bicycle and ride but I just don't care for riding that much. 

How are you???

susan

Susan in CA
    Brazen Racing Bear Creek 10k Aug 09
    Brazen Racing Rocky Ridge 10k Oct 09
    Brazen's Turkey Trot 10k Nov 09
    Walked the Golden Gate Bridge - too cool!

Monterey Big Sur Internationl Half Marathon.(10mile walk)

Brazen's New Years 10k Jan 10

Brazen's Bear Creek 10k MUD FEST Jan 10

Finally, back out on the trails!

Blossom Trail 10k March 2011

Miracle Miles for Kids - May 2011

Brian Waterbury Memorial Rock to the Pier 10k - July 2011 Happy Birthday to me!

So many miles...so little time...

I did it - I signed up for Big Sur - April 2012

Unless you faint, puke or die...keep walking - Jillian Michaels

I can't come in last because I am ahead of those who didn't start!

• LadyGreyDoom Rookie 2 posts since
    May 25, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    Any 200+lb walkers out there?

Sorry everything was against you for Big Sur.

I'm doing well.  Enjoying the cool down after those weeks of 100 degree weather.  Even walking at 6:30 in the morning has been too hot for this girl!  I wish I had a dog to join me on a walk.  At least my husband walks with me.  We're doing 2+ miles 3 days a week, but I'd like to up that without pushing too hard too fast.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...