Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

19228 Views 146 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2012 8:04 PM by LoriJeanMiller RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Previous Next
  • DaniRH86 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 6, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jul 6, 2012 8:44 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D1

2. How do you feel? Good. Legs are sore.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Nope.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I feel energetic and good about myself.

206 pounds - 7/2/12.  I weigh in every Monday. Started to eat healthy today and started C25K today with my iphone app.

• theslickmom Amateur 13 posts since
    Jul 6, 2012
    17. Jul 6, 2012 9:24 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Completely new and going to start C25K tomorrow.   HAve been doing little runs the last couple weeks.  I just signed up for a 5K the end of September!  Looking forward to it!

• txbbker Amateur 19 posts since
    Jul 2, 2012
    18. Jul 7, 2012 7:59 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D2

2. How do you feel? Good; my legs are twitching, but no pain.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Lots of energy!

Everyone is doing really well!

• H3ath3rSw@n Amateur 13 posts since
    Jul 1, 2012
    19. Jul 7, 2012 10:19 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D1

2. How do you feel? Good

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I'm feeling my usual exhaustion when I workout.  I always feel better energy-wise when I'm not working out.  I've never been able to get through this phase.  I did P90X for 5 months over the winter and was so exhausted all the time I had to stop working out.  So this is my comeback having not worked out since February.  We'll see how it goes and if it doesn't improve, I'll visit with my doctor.

Keep up the good work, Everyone!!!!

Heather

Mom of 4

Goal: Lose 40 pounds of baby weight. Much harder in my mid-30's than my early 20's when my first was born.

• Elizabeth12541 Rookie 7 posts since
    Apr 21, 2009
    20. Jul 7, 2012 9:21 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on? Week 6/day 2 on Wed, then did a 4K today where I had to walk more than run (heat)

2. How do you feel? Great until today. Headache after sweating a lot during the 4K

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet, though I think I will drop back to week 4 or 5 now that our summer has finally arrived.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Just today to make it a 4 K

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Stronger legs and faster recovery.

• ani4life Amateur 9 posts since
    Jul 4, 2012
    21. Jul 8, 2012 10:03 AM (in response to theslickmom)
    C25K - July

Hey, everyone...tomorrow is the big day for me.  My running partner and I will begin at 6 AM!  I am NOT a morning person, nor am I a runner.  I normally go to the gym a few times a week, but I haven't been in two weeks so this will be interesting.    I look forward to posting my results tomorrow!

@theslickmom, how did you do?

Congrats to everybody...keep up the good work!!!

• theslickmom Amateur 13 posts since
    Jul 6, 2012
    22. Jul 8, 2012 10:31 AM (in response to ani4life)
    C25K - July

Good Luck Ani!  I'm also going to do most my runs in the AM.  I'm going to wake at 6am, so I can be in the shower by 6:30ish.    Yesterday went ok. 

2. How do you feel? Good, but lousy about 1/2 hour after.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Nope.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Yes, had to condense to 20 minutes total.  I knocked down the warm up and cool down.  Maybe that's why I didn't feel great after.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I just feel good mentally so far.  I'm ready to do this!!

• Leighof3 Rookie 7 posts since
    Jul 8, 2012
    23. Jul 8, 2012 12:36 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Starting today, day 1.Wish this 43 yo mom luck

• Crdswn3 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 8, 2012
    24. Jul 8, 2012 3:21 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

2. How do you feel? Sweaty

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?

I've started C25K a few times, but have never made it to the end.  This time I'm determined to do it and run my first 5K in the Fall when it cools off.  I'm doing my training on a treadmill and using the iPhone app this time.

• Stellapacey Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 8, 2012
    25. Jul 8, 2012 4:39 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Today was day 1, I am hot, sweaty and a little sore. I need to warm up a little better as today was more torturous than it needed to be. I hate exercise and hope this will fit the bill. As I won't have to go to the gym and don't do it everyday. Glad to see so many positive upbeat posts on here. Hope to be one of them soon! 

• rlrideoutjr Rookie 5 posts since
    Jul 1, 2012
    26. Jul 8, 2012 6:56 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Hello Fellow Newbies!

Well yesterday I did W1D2.  It was a good workout.  I was winded after the sixth run, but I kept my mind in the right place.  I dont know if anyone else is having this problem, but I am.  My problem is that I want to go out and run again the next day.  Is anyone else feeling that way?  Anyway, we are having terrible thunderstorms here in WV today, so no running for me.  Thanks goodness it was an off run day.

1.  What Week/Day are you on?  W1D2 (yesterday)

2.  How do you feel?  Really good!  I feel like I am accomplishing something!

3.  Have you had to repeat a week or day?  Not yet

4.  Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?  Don't really know, but will now.  I started using the Nike + running app on my iphone.

5.  Do you notice something different about yourself yet?  I feel really energetic.  I feel like I could just go do anything.

227 to 219 since last Sunday.  Started eating healthy and running this program.  I use an app called myfitnesspal.com on my phone that helps me track my food daily.

• Libear Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 15, 2010
    27. Jul 8, 2012 8:36 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on?  Week 1, Day 1

2. How do you feel?  So far I feel great! I think I'll be sore tomorrow, though.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?   This was my very first day, so not yet.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?   Towards the end I maybe cut off a few seconds from the runs.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?   It's only been one day, so not yet.

I hope I'm not too late to join in the July club!

I decided to try C25K because I've always wanted to be a runner.  I need to lose weight and I find the whole process incredibly overwhelming.  I've been halfheartedly doing weight watchers, but I'm going to try and really stick with WW & this C25k program.  I think it will be nice to have a group of people who are in the same boat as me for C25K.

• eley9428 Rookie 6 posts since
    Jun 25, 2012
    28. Jul 8, 2012 10:38 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Hello Everyone!!

Not sure how I got myself into this. I mentioned to a couple of ppl that I would like to run in a 5K, the next thing I know I am reading about 5K's... then I find the "Couch to 5K" and think this is all me!!  I have also been working out too!! I happened to mention to my boyfriend that I have gained ~10lbs and feel like a stuffed tick. He said he noticed!! I can begin to tell you how I felt inside. I wasn't mad at him, I think I was more upset with myself. I think by him saying that just confirmed what I already knew!! So now I am doing 2 video workouts in the morning (30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels - completed day 5 today and I alternate with Cardio Max or Power Sclupt from the Biggest Loser collection). Then at night I go to the track and do my C25K workout.

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D3

2. How do you feel? I am feeling good

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? I had to repeat the first day cuz' of my ipod settings... I have since figured that out and I have finished the first week!!

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? today I noticed that I was a little further down the track when the end of the workout. It is still quite warm when I go to the track and I notice my pace getting slower as the workout plays out.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I have noticed that my calves have less jiggle!!

• eley9428 Rookie 6 posts since
    Jun 25, 2012
    29. Jul 8, 2012 10:49 PM (in response to Leighof3)
    C25K - July

Wishing you all the luck, but I doubt you will need it!!

1 2 3 4 ... 10 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...