Skip navigation

6071 Views 31 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2012 11:54 PM by miamiHEATBOY23 RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
miamiHEATBOY23 Legend 376 posts since
May 21, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 7, 2012 9:55 PM

i can  dunk 5'8 small forward.

im 5'8 playing smallforward for my aau team this summer.i averaging 25points and 8rebounds and 8 assist. 2 blocks 1 steals.i used to just could touch rim.every body says i have hops.im 13 years old. i always do different workouts 2 help me dunk.in practice i dunk the first time on a 10foot rim.the the next day we had a game.in the game when  my team was up by 17 we were on defence.i was guarding my man and i stole the ball then i was on fastbreak  my defender behind then i jumped as high as i could and dunked the ball with one hand.after that every body was silent.at  the end of the game my team won 69 to 42.i had 23 points 11 assist and 8 rebounds.2 steals and 1 block. and when we were shaking hands at the end of the game the other team coach told me you got crazy hops kid.i would like if u can  play on my team next year.i said i dont know about that.also hes the coach of the aau allstar team.i was invited to play in the aau allstar game.let me know ur comments and what u think.thanks for reading.also for drills about hops let me know.

Great players are great leaders.Miamiheatboy

• bballisLIFE1 Expert 42 posts since
    Mar 13, 2012
    1. Jul 7, 2012 10:29 PM (in response to miamiHEATBOY23)
    i can dunk 5'8 small forward.

WOW i am amazed that you can dunk im 5'8 too but i have little hops if you could tell about the drills you do that would be great

"I work on my game daily,Because I'm never satisfied,and i'm never going to be" - Tracy McGrady

• NextCP3 Legend 320 posts since
    Apr 11, 2012
    2. Jul 8, 2012 4:13 PM (in response to miamiHEATBOY23)
    Re: i can dunk 5'8 small forward.

dang u do got crazy ups. do u know ur vertical? i think i might be able to touch rim barely on 8. im pretty short and i just turned 12. i have a friend and he can touch net on 10 and hes about to turn 12 but congrats on ur dunk. im pretty sure the future of the nba and the future of the dunk contest is lookin bright!!!

• Rebound23 Pro 99 posts since
    Mar 16, 2012
    3. Jul 8, 2012 3:02 PM (in response to miamiHEATBOY23)

WOAH THAT'S CRAZY! Please get someone to film your next in-game dunk because I would really love to see it! I think you should be the one giving US tips for jumping! What drills or excercises do you do? Keep working hard! I'm looking forward to your mixtape

Apr 11, 2012
    5. Jul 8, 2012 6:13 PM (in response to miamiHEATBOY23)

thx so much for the drills!!! i hope i can be the next spud webb!!!!

Mar 16, 2012
    6. Jul 8, 2012 7:02 PM (in response to miamiHEATBOY23)

I tried doing that stuff with a chair once. I broke it and my Mom got out the wooden spoon. Not a good day. Thanks for the drills! I'll find a subsitute for a chair and get some ankle weights! and Jump Rope for an hour?! Straight?! I can touch a 9 foot rim so Im quite a bit aways. 12 more inches. I'll get there. Thanks again!

Mar 16, 2012
    9. Jul 8, 2012 10:11 PM (in response to miamiHEATBOY23)

A thin wooden chair. Not too sturdy and I'm surprised a team with a guy like you can lose! Are you the only good player on your team? There must be others! (Maybe not as good as you but you know 'good')

Apr 11, 2012
    10. Jul 9, 2012 6:44 AM (in response to miamiHEATBOY23)
    Re: i can dunk 5'8 small forward.

if u video tape ur game and u dunk itll probly be on sportscenter then next day!!!!!! and did u say that ur team beat the aau allstar team 69-42?!?!?!

• theworldofhoops Pro 52 posts since
    Oct 17, 2010
    12. Jul 9, 2012 2:33 PM (in response to miamiHEATBOY23)

If you are 5'8" and dunking that is awesome.  If you want to play at the next level you should start working your pg skills.  Unfortunately, you won't be a 3-man in college most likely. 

How are you ball handling skills?  I would say if you jump like this, you don't need to keep working on your jumping ability, but rather your skills (shooting, ball handling, defense, passing, etc.). 

If you have this type of ability, with the right coaching you could get a scholarship offer in a few years.

Head to my site www.theworldofhoops.com for some info, or hit me up directly by e-mail joe@theworldofhoops.com.

Joe

www.theworldofhoops.com

joe@theworldofhoops.com

Mar 16, 2012
    14. Jul 9, 2012 4:57 PM (in response to miamiHEATBOY23)

I'm glad to hear that the rest of your team has skill and that you respect them. I've seen posts about how a person's team sucks and their the only ones who can play. I didn't like that too much. You got to respect your teammates and help them improve. As cheesy as it is you're only as strong as your weakest link.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points