Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1345 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2012 8:54 AM by cviel21
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 27, 2012 3:50 PM

Rebel Race: 2012 Maryland/DC I 5k & 15k mud run Reviews

Share your experiences with the Rebel Race: 2012 Maryland/DC I 5k & 15k mud run below Back to event details page.

• BernadetteOlson Rookie 6 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009

I did the Rebel Race in NJ on April 14.  It was a huge disappointment.  The course was significantly less than 5K.  There was almost no mud, and most of the obstacles were non-existant.  The ones that were there were very shoddy, and downright dangerous.  Substituting oil for mud - very dangerous.  The shower consisted of a single garden hose attached to a tanker truck with a trickle of water.  The PortaPotties were overflowing, and downright disgusting.  Think twice before spending your money on this farce.

• Mark Swift Rookie 1 posts since
    May 19, 2012

I did the 15K Maryland Rebel Run on July 7. While the overall event was okay, there were a lot of things I didn't like. The obstacles seemed lack luster, the check-in was a mess (ran out of shirts and safety pins), also ran out of water on the course and some of the trails were not marked all that well. Basically did two loops of all the same obstacles as opposed to all different obstacles.

I was disappointed with the organization of the event but the actual run was okay. I feel like there are better runs out there.

• MDrunner81 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 10, 2012

TERRIBLE RACE! I have been running races for a many years, and this race will go in the books as the most DISORGANIZED race ever!  I ran the 15K Rebel Race in Monkton, MD on July 8 and I have never seen an event so unorganized.  Like the person above said, They ran out of Pins, finisher medals, and worst of all... WATER!  Many of the water stops were out of water, and the others had HOT water.  Also a few of the water stations were unmanned.  It was around 102 degrees outside that day, the lack of water became a major safety concern for everyone.   The course itself was not too bad, but the illegible trail markers made it extremely hard to figure out where to go.  To top off this terribly organized race, they completely screwed up the race results!    I highly recommend other fellow racers leave reviews on this site, so hopefully the race organizers will read the reviews and make the necessary changes for next year. 

• vjnoone Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 20, 2008

Disappointing. I ran the Jul 8 in MD. This event could have been so much more fun but something was lacking. The volunteers were unhelpful and uninformed. Water stations were abandoned by volunteers, some of the obstacles were falling apart, water was hard to find or hot, the medals weren't handed out because they tangled, they even messed up race results and rankings. Frankly, I'm not even sure the course was 5k or at least what I ran of it because it was terribly marked.  I would not recommend.

• JohnBravo Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 3, 2012

I ran the 15K on July 7 at Monkton, MD.  This was the most unorganized event I have ever been to, it was random from the get-go.  Registration was a mess, water stations were without ice, cups, and sometimes without volunteers.  There were no assigned staffs at the obstacles just in case of injuries, and there were quite a few that day.  By the time we finished the 15K (1630 hour, 1.5 hours duration) they informed us the beer garden was closed so we were out of the beer as promised (OUTRAAAAGGE!!!)  But the redeeming factors were the parts through the woods and the stream was quite enjoyable, and there were enough obstacles to keep it challenging, but the obstacles themselves were not varied, so challenging but not interesting.  Oh, it's also not far from Manor Tavern, which is an awesome steak place, so that helped this rating a bit.  Overall, 1 star for being close to a great steak house.

• cviel21 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 6, 2008

Ran the 5k on July 7 in the 330pm wave - it was horrible. Worst race I have ran in the last 10  years. Don't have a groupon or living social deal for a race to beef up your profits when you don't have enough staff, volunteers, water, and beer to cover the race for EVERYONE. We paid just as much as the wave that started at 10 - and didn't get anything for it. I didn't get a finisher medal, water (unless it was HOT) at more then 1/2 the stops were gone as were the volunteers manning those stations. Navigation was beyond poor throughout the course. There was no beer left at the end - in fact the tent was GONE and there were still people coming in off of the course. The organization was HORRIBLE. No one knew anything - we'd ask a question of someone in one of the tents with a race shirt on and they'd look at us like we were idiots. It was well over 100 degrees outside and to not have water is DANGEROUS. This was the most poorly ran event ever. I'd love to get a refund because obviously my money wasn't spent to make the race a pleasureable memory for me, no beer, no medal, no water, never doing it again. And I'm going to be sure to let everyone else know not to waste their time or hard earned money on any events ran by Rebel Race LLC. Don't waste your money or time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...