Skip navigation

776 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2012 9:09 PM by Rebound23 RSS
23AllDayEveryDay Pro 155 posts since
Aug 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 11, 2012 3:00 PM

Hooked on Basketball

What first got you hooked on basketball? For me it was the 2009 eastern conference first round Celtics vs. Bulls. That series was crazy! Thats wat got me hooked watching the NBA. What got me hooked playing was seeing one of my local high school guys land a D1 scholarship and thinking that i didnt need a fancy prep school to make it. Tell me what got u guys hooked.

• miamiHEATBOY23 Legend 376 posts since
    May 21, 2011
    1. Jul 11, 2012 3:13 PM (in response to 23AllDayEveryDay)
    Hooked on Basketball

i used to like baseball growing up then when i turned 7 i was watching michael jordan epic game 5 on tv with my dad.when michael scored 37 points to help his team win the nba championship besides being sick.after that i wanted to be just as good even better than the greatest to ever play the game.

Great players are great leaders.Miamiheatboy

• NextCP3 Legend 320 posts since
    Apr 11, 2012
    2. Jul 11, 2012 5:06 PM (in response to 23AllDayEveryDay)
    Hooked on Basketball

lebron james got me hooked when he was in cleveland. i grew up in cleveland and loved to watch him ball

• bballisLIFE1 Expert 42 posts since
    Mar 13, 2012
    3. Jul 11, 2012 5:50 PM (in response to 23AllDayEveryDay)
    Hooked on Basketball

when celtics won the nba champion in 2008. when kevin garrnet screamed'' anything is possible''. thats what got me hooked

"I work on my game daily,Because I'm never satisfied,and i'm never going to be" - Tracy McGrady

• Rebound23 Pro 99 posts since
    Mar 16, 2012
    4. Jul 11, 2012 9:09 PM (in response to 23AllDayEveryDay)
    Hooked on Basketball

Growing up I was bad at basketball. I was on my school team but I was no good. I didn't care for the game and I started to hate it almost. but then in grade 7 I went to the Philippines to visit my family and I played some streetball with my cousins. I didn't do well but the people there helped me improve. I practiced with them for the entire month and when I tried out for my grade 8 basketball team I was blown away by how much I improved. I could do stuff I could never do before. and now I'm seriously hooked on basketball and love it. I don't think theres a sport better than it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...