Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

19510 Views 146 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2012 8:04 PM by LoriJeanMiller RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Previous Next
  • theslickmom Amateur 13 posts since
    Jul 6, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Jul 10, 2012 8:29 PM (in response to EmilyDR)
    C25K - July

Hi Emily,

Don't feel defeated.  It's your first day.  Do what you can and go slowly.  That's what this program is all about.  Good luck!

the slickmom

• crissy123 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jul 8, 2012
    46. Jul 11, 2012 4:42 AM (in response to Leighof3)
    C25K - July

Leigh,

I also have Asics.  I recently bought a new pair - Asics Nimbus and they are so comfortable.  My feet tend to roll out when I walk/run and these have helped.

• crissy123 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jul 8, 2012
    47. Jul 11, 2012 4:49 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D2

2. How do you feel? I feel great! My knee is still hurting a bit, but I am icing it and applying Blue Emu and that stuff works!!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? not yet

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No... I downloaded a pedometer app and I completed a mile in 17 minutes.  Is that good???  I guess it's better than sitting on the couch.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I have more energy, I'm sleeping better, and I look forward to my runs. 

I am sticking with this and determined to get through, but it is a challenge.  I have a friend who wants me to do the Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure in January.  She's a runner, so I'm going to do my best to be a partof it and run with her!

Hope everyone has a great day!

• H3ath3rSw@n Amateur 13 posts since
    Jul 1, 2012
    48. Jul 11, 2012 6:39 AM (in response to Leighof3)
    C25K - July

I'm a fan of the minimalist shoes.  I'm using Vibram Five Fingers currently.  But I would day that if you're heavier then something with cushioning is the best place to start.

Heather

Mom of 4

Goal: Lose 40 pounds of baby weight. Much harder in my mid-30's than my early 20's when my first was born.

Jul 1, 2012
    49. Jul 11, 2012 6:44 AM (in response to EmilyDR)
    C25K - July

Don't give up!!  There's nothing wrong with starting out really, really slow!  There's a group of teachers here that started running this program in the spring.  One of the ladies is quite heavy.  I could have walked next to their run but they were out there doing it and doing great at it. 

Do you have access to a treadmill?  At the local Y?  That would be an easier start. 

Be sure to check in tomorrow and let us know how it goes.  We are here rooting for you!!

Heather

Mom of 4

Goal: Lose 40 pounds of baby weight. Much harder in my mid-30's than my early 20's when my first was born.

Jul 1, 2012
    50. Jul 11, 2012 6:47 AM (in response to H3ath3rSw@n)
    C25K - July

Today is W2D3.  I havent't done it yet (I workout during naptime) but I'm really looking forward to it.  I have a feeling that I'll need to repeat week 2 though.  I'm ok with that though.  I'm running every other day so even though this is the end of week 2, I've only been using the program since July 1.

Heather

Mom of 4

• Spaige79 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 11, 2012
    51. Jul 11, 2012 7:17 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D1

2. How do you feel? This was my first official C25K run this morning and I felt ok. Didn't realize the road I live on has so many inclines!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet, just started

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I repeated a walk section when the jog began on a very big incline. I chickened lol

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I felt good and happy for an hour or two after.

Just starting, and hoping this program plus some good eating and general taking care of myself better will help me through a breakup. Really having a hard time, so this helped this morning. We shall see.

• MichelleReneeMercure Amateur 8 posts since
    Feb 29, 2012
    52. Jul 11, 2012 8:28 AM (in response to Spaige79)
    C25K - July

Hi everyone!  I completed W1D1 and I'm glad I re-started.  I am definitely out of shape and looking forward to getting back to a good place. 

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D1

2. How do you feel? I did the run last night after a stressful day.  It was just what I needed!  

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Sort of - I started the program and went through W3 - but had to re-start in July. 

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I did add a few minutes to it last night.  Hopefully can add a bit more next time!

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Not yet, but I don't think it will take long

• KByron Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 1, 2010
    53. Jul 11, 2012 8:41 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D3

2. How do you feel?  I can feel some tightness in my legs but overall I am fine.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?  Not yet and I am hoping not to!

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?  Yes, I was slower W1D2.  We'll see what happens tonight.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?  I am looking forward to my "run" tonight.

• theslickmom Amateur 13 posts since
    Jul 6, 2012
    55. Jul 11, 2012 11:18 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

2. How do you feel? Real good.  I'm actually looking forward to my runs now!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? My routine is to chop off 2 minutes of the warm-up.  I do this because I need to condense the 30 minutes to 25 or so.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I feel fit!

Completed week 1!  Very excited and very motivated. 

• AlexSolon Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 11, 2012
    56. Jul 11, 2012 12:16 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

I'm beginning W1D1 this evening and am very excited and scared.   I haven't been very active and am a smoker. I'm working on quitting smoking and would love to shed about 15 to 20 pounds. I used to run many years ago when I was much more fit but haven't been very active for quite some time. I'm scared about starting and seeing this through but am also anxious and excited. I would love to be able to get to the point where I can run a 5k in three months and work torwards a 10k next summer. I just hope that I have the will power to get off the smokes and keep motivated with running.

• txbbker Amateur 19 posts since
    Jul 2, 2012
    57. Jul 11, 2012 1:08 PM (in response to 1to1)
    Re: C25K - July

2. How do you feel? Meh. My legs felt dead today. I've been doing light jogging on my "off" days. I should probably scale back.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? Nope.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Feeling more energetic.

• Libear Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 15, 2010
    58. Jul 11, 2012 7:36 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

1. What Week/Day are you on? W1D2

2. How do you feel? In pain!! My shins really hurt.  Otherwise, though, I feel happy that I finished.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet, but I think I may have to repeat week 1...

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? No.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I was looking forward to this run.  Afterwards I feel great.

Today was much harder.  I was excited for the run (sort of -- I think I'm more excited about the idea of me being a runner).  I picked a different path and the first half was kind of uphill, which was pretty painful.  My shins were killing me during the run and I think I need to invest in running shoes.

I think I might have to repeat this week, though, as I'm really, really out of shape.  I don't know if I should trust the program and move on, or repeat week 1 and try to get a little more fit!

Any suggestions on repeating week 1?  Anybody want to be my running buddy?

• eley9428 Rookie 6 posts since
    Jun 25, 2012
    59. Jul 12, 2012 12:37 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - July

Hello Everyone!!

1. What Week/Day are you on? W2D2

2. How do you feel? Good

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Nope

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? no, staying on course

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I have noticed that my stride length is short and my quads tighten up after the first jogging section. So I think it is time to start using my gazelle (Tony Little's) on my off days of C25K. I know it will lengthen my stride hopefully it will help with my quads...

Happy Jogging...

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...