Skip navigation

376 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2012 12:19 PM by 23AirJordan RSS
23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
Mar 20, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 13, 2012 12:19 PM

rehab schedule?

i have patellar tendonitis in my knee (microtears in the muscle between my knee cap and shin) and have had to rest it for the past month. i try to ice it twice a day. i plan to get back playing again in a week or so. i'm going to do twice a week, then three times a week, all the way until six days. but any advice on what i could do during those first couple of weeks because i need to keep my game up. although my injury came right during a drought in my area so that was a bit of an advantage. i'm starting to do standard ball handling drills (i'm a 5'3 sg/pg). and while i'm at it, my best bet at getting playing time on the team this year is shooting, and that is a weak spot for me, i played decent minutes on our summer team and played great defense. but most of my points came off of fastbreak steals leading to lay ups and floaters. i didn't knock down too many of my mid range shots though so any tips or drills to get my shot better, and since i'm kind of small (third smallest on my team) i need to get the same strength on my shot, but i need a quicker shot, so if you have a quick shot, please post tips or videos on that if you can. possibly one that does not use my knees as much like my old shot.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points