Skip navigation

1006 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 6:16 AM by jjh20 RSS
beastballer Amateur 13 posts since
Jun 17, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 17, 2012 10:15 AM

what are good drills for point guard?

Im a 5' 2" point guard and i need drills to help improve. I am a shooter who handles the ball well.I am a good athlete who is a shutdown defender on guards.I am a passing guard with eyes on the back of my head. I struggle defending large players and rebound versus other aau players. I often finish with only one or two rebounds in games. I work on my game all summer, and i need new drills i can use in my daily workouts?

• jjh20 Amateur 36 posts since
    Aug 16, 2011
    1. Jul 17, 2012 10:54 AM (in response to beastballer)

im not gonna give you my workout or drills(hope you understand the competitve side) but you should find drills that help with your skills, check all over google and youtube. for rebound, you should try being really aggresive, box them out and explode up ffor rebounds, to help you out, go to google, go to the video section of google, right ganon baker or better basketball, look at the left side of your screen and find where it has video length, click on 20+ length, and there should be a whole bunch of videos, take care

• jjh20 Amateur 36 posts since
    Aug 16, 2011
    3. Jul 18, 2012 6:16 AM (in response to beastballer)

okay for defense, you need hand eye cordination drills like dropping a tennis ball and grabbing it fast for quick hands also do alot of defnesive slides like zig zags and such,passing i like to mark small places on the wall and try to hit the target andalso do the sam from a distance(to help with passing the way kendall marshal does.) and i think there are court vision drills out there, try those. rebounds, have strength on lower body, and work on exploding up, extend and grab the ball. So i just throw the ball off the back board or rim and grab the ball. but if your a point guard your not supose to be worried about getting rebounds that. rebounding point guards( like rondo) are blessed with size(he has a 6'9 wingspan, and he is only 6'1) so you will be alright.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points