Skip navigation

3783 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 11:42 AM by miamiHEATBOY23 RSS 1 2 Previous Next
Will34 Pro 66 posts since
Jul 24, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 21, 2012 7:55 AM

Anthony Davis

Am i the only one who thinks he is overly hyped. I think if he is thrown in a game and has to guard someone like Amare Stoudemire he would get killed. What do you guys think?

• bballisLIFE1 Expert 42 posts since
    Mar 13, 2012
    1. Jun 21, 2012 1:15 PM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

i think  hes overhyped my friends think im crazy  and yes he would get killed against amare

"I work on my game daily,Because I'm never satisfied,and i'm never going to be" - Tracy McGrady

• 23AllDayEveryDay Pro 155 posts since
    Aug 1, 2011
    2. Jun 28, 2012 8:06 AM (in response to bballisLIFE1)
    Anthony Davis

The problem with anthony davis is his offensive skill set. He is a superb defender and shot blocker, but offensively he is caught in the middle. He was a guard until his junior year when he had a growth spurt, so he has more guard skills then low post skills. But he doesnt have enough guard skills to be a Dirk or Durant, but he doesnt have enough low post skills to be like Duncan

• NextCP3 Legend 320 posts since
    Apr 11, 2012
    3. Jun 28, 2012 10:52 AM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

ya offesively he needs training. he did good in college offesivly but theres no dwight howard or andrew bynum in college and once he plays against them he will be dominated

• JuiceBox14 Amateur 27 posts since
    Jan 22, 2012
    4. Jun 29, 2012 7:26 PM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

Definitely over-rated! haha Good deffender but no offense or size. I think Bradley Beal is going to be the best player out of this draft though! haha just a thought

• BballislifeCT23 Rookie 6 posts since
    Jun 29, 2012
    5. Jun 29, 2012 8:10 PM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

I think he is overly hyped yet he's still worth a lottery pick.  He isnt strong enough to make an impact in the low post on ball or offensively.  Yet he cant score from the outside well enough in my opinion.  However he is going to be one of the best weak side defenders in the game this year without a doubt due to his length and instincts.  He shattered the NCAA blocking record so i wouldnt be surprised to see him make a big impact this way.  But yes he is overhyped a bit in my opinion.  And i think MKG will make the biggest impact this year in the draft.

• Poohdini25 Amateur 27 posts since
    Jan 8, 2012
    6. Jul 1, 2012 10:17 AM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

I believe Anthony Davis will have a successful NBA Career and he will change the Hornets franchise around. Why I believe this is because he is a natural blocker and he has a terrific shot for a big man. Anthony davis also has amazing athletic ability such as his wingspan, vertical, and his reach. All Davis needs to is add some weight and he will be fine guarding bigger en in the NBA. If you take a look a Kevin Garnett he is not that bulky but with a great IQ for the game he gets things done and the same can be done for Davis . Imagine if Davis does this along with gaining weight.

• BasketballLove Amateur 14 posts since
    Jul 19, 2012
    7. Jul 20, 2012 4:23 PM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

I think Anthony Davis is a awsome collage basketball player, but just like everyother collage basketball player coming up to the NBA, he's going to have to relize that he isn't the best anymore. The major thing I think Davis needs to do is just get bigger and stronger because you put him next to Dwight Howard down low in the post, Howard could push him down with his one finger. But once Anothony Davis stays in the NBA for a couple of years I think he will be a GREAT player.

• dwadealltheway Pro 100 posts since
    Jul 6, 2012
    8. Jul 21, 2012 9:13 AM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

i think he will be a very  dominate player after his rookie and sophmore year hes a good 3point shooter and shot blocker once he gets used to the fame and hard players he faces he will be one of the best centers bout not the best

• joki03 Amateur 21 posts since
    Jul 19, 2012
    9. Jul 21, 2012 10:30 AM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

needs weights and he'll be great but for now hes a bit overated not much butt yeeh still..

• NextCP3 Legend 320 posts since
    Apr 11, 2012
    10. Jul 21, 2012 10:33 AM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

ya, he needs to get more bigger and weigh more, he s gonna get pushed around by the bigger guys in the paint battling for rebounds

• Poohdini25 Amateur 27 posts since
    Jan 8, 2012
    11. Jul 21, 2012 7:01 PM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

What does everyone think of AD after his play with USA. Grabbing lobs and flushing them home, hitting a four point play, and grabbing boards against older international players. Anthony Davis is going to do fine. Don't question his ability. PLEASE!

• EPE09 Legend 508 posts since
    Dec 28, 2009
    12. Jul 22, 2012 3:20 PM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

Agreed. He needs to hit the weight room to TRY to guard an Amar'e or Dwight and needs to work on his offensive skill set.

• EPE09 Legend 508 posts since
    Dec 28, 2009
    13. Jul 22, 2012 3:22 PM (in response to Poohdini25)
    Anthony Davis

He did do a good job with Team USA but the players they're playing against aren't NBA all-stars like Dwight and Amar'e; they're players who had a STINT in the NBA.

• 23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
    Mar 20, 2011
    14. Jul 23, 2012 9:31 AM (in response to Will34)
    Anthony Davis

anthony davis is a stick. he is getting way too cocky trademarking his bow to the brow thing that he didn't even make up. you can't even say it on a public broadcasting system without paying him now. and honestly, i would shave a unibrow if i had one.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...