Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

888 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 3:37 AM by GeoWolf
Zeke351 Amateur 15 posts since
Jul 14, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 29, 2012 8:27 AM

C25k: W5D3 - I did it!

Managed to run for 21 minutes without stopping this morning! Hard to believe 5 weeks ago I could barely make 1 minute. Hoping to make it to Race For The Cure 5k Run in October. Managed a 13:57 pace today. Slow but getting better. :D

Zeke

Zeke

http://zekerunning.wordpress.com/

• GeoWolf Pro 100 posts since
    Jul 28, 2010
    1. Jul 29, 2012 7:46 PM (in response to Zeke351)

Great Job.  I'm really slow right now too.  Your time is faster than mine.  Keep up the good work.

Get up and try again! I think I must be setting a record for how many times I've been sidelined in my quest to actually run an entire 5K. Back injury, bronchitis, knee injury, bad cold, broken toe, biopsy. I am determined to make it.

2013 - Gritty Goddess Mud Run (Run/Walk)

2013 - Firefly Run (Run/Walk)

2014 - ??

My 6 year old ran in the Gritty Kids Mud Run and I couldn't keep up. LOL

• BabyCatcherNat Amateur 16 posts since
    Mar 29, 2008
    3. Jul 29, 2012 10:28 PM (in response to Zeke351)

CONGRATS!  I'm starting my second week of week 2 (I'm doing each week for 2 weeks) and I'm already dreading W5D3 but reading stories like this helps motivate me!

Embrace the Journey

• GeoWolf Pro 100 posts since
    Jul 28, 2010
    4. Jul 30, 2012 3:37 AM (in response to Zeke351)

I did w7d1 last.  Still amazing myself that I can run that long.  (I talk about my journey and my struggles on the June C25K thread)  I'd love to amaze myself that I can run that far.  LOL  OK so I do because when I started running a 100 yards seemed like real work.  But you know what I mean, when the progam says 20 minutes or  2 miles and you are doing way less than 2 miles in the 20 minutes... So I guess what I really mean is run that fast.  Which I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to come to terms with not doing.  Why focus on what you can't do anyway, when what you are doing is so great?  As I tell my 4 year old it's not about being the best, or perfect, it's about having fun.  Do your best and don't compare yourself to others.  I need to listen to myself more often. 

The 20 minute jog really was the hardest one.  None of the others are such a huge jump and honeslty once you push thru to the 20 a few extra minutes doesn't seem so hard.  Except for the last jog my foot started getting numb but it was only at the very end I might actually have passed the 25 minutes before I really noticed it.  (I hit the button on my timer some time after 15 minutes left and had to start it over.  But I don't know exactly when so I had to just go with jogging for 15 more minutes, then I did 16 since I didn't get a message to stop.)  If my foot hadn't gotten numb I could have kept going another couple of minutes.  It was amazing to realize that.  But my total distance including warm up and cool down was still only 2.35 miles.  As I gain stamina I know that will improve.  Right now I feel like the 2nd half of my jog is way slower than the 1st.  But even if I never get faster that's OK too. 

Get up and try again! I think I must be setting a record for how many times I've been sidelined in my quest to actually run an entire 5K. Back injury, bronchitis, knee injury, bad cold, broken toe, biopsy. I am determined to make it.

2013 - Gritty Goddess Mud Run (Run/Walk)

2013 - Firefly Run (Run/Walk)

2014 - ??

My 6 year old ran in the Gritty Kids Mud Run and I couldn't keep up. LOL

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...