Well w4d1 was just awful! I started my 5 min run going uphill and I just couldn't do it. After that I was already defeated in my head so I just kind of jogged and walked whenever I felt like it. Sooo frustrating! I'm going to repeat w3 this week and hopefully I will be able to do w4 next week. My knee is still bugging me and that is really annoying! It felt really good before I started today but now, ugh! It is not quite as bad as before and I probably should take a week or so off, but I'm afraid if I do, I won't want to start back up!
Good luck everyone! Hope your day goes better than mine!
i am one wk8 day 1 tomorrow. but.... i have had many many interruptions, so it is very slow going. the awesome thing is i ran a 5k without stopping on wk 7, i was one of the last to cross the finish line, but i did. this program is amazing. i have repeated several days, and some days are much harder than others. i thought there was a massive jump in the program and was quite upset between wk 6, and 7, but i did it. i am battling shin splints just a bit, in the beginning of my runs. i feel like i am gaining confidence in myself as a runner, i am 43 never ever thought i could do this.
so anyone behind me in the program, keep it up, even if you have had to take many days/weeks off like i have. just get back to it when you can, your body remembers the last run.
I have also been experiencing knee pain during W2 D2 and W2 D3. I have knock knees so I'm wondering if that may be the reason why, or whether i'm doing something else wrong :/ I am going to take it easy this week and do 3x 1 hr walks instead, and hopefully pick up where I left off next week. On the plus side, I saw an echidna when I was out and about today, which was pretty cool
In the meantime I'll be making a podaitrist appointment (my orthotics are out of date in any case) and considering new shoes. I'm kind of reluctant to shell out so much money for them when I'm not sure if my body can keep up with the running though. Thoughts?
Hello everyone! I just finished w8 d1. Only 5 more workouts to go!!! I am psyched.
1. What Week/Day are you on?
2. How do you feel? pretty good. amazed I can run 28 minutes without stopping.
3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? I have had to stop and restart several times, mainly for health reasons. But I will finish.
4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? sometimes, but then I would redo it before moving on
5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? yes, but not a huge one beyond being able to run. I have not really lost weight (I am over 250) but I have PCOS and my body resists weight loss.
Visit my blogs!
Health and Fitness: http://meaningfulactivity.blogspot.com/
Lifestyle blog: www.thesongsontheway.com
"No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Therefore strengthen your tired hands and weakened knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated,but healed instead." -Hebrews 12:11-13
1. What Week/Day are you on? W4D1
2. How do you feel? finally feel like I'm getting a real workout. My muscles are sore today (did the run yesterday) and I was red-faced at the end!
3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet
4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I adjust here and there depening on my route. I live in San Francisco and it's hilly!
5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I just feel great that I'm actually working out several times a week. I never could get into a pattern with any other exericise plan. I'm just hoping I can find a good app to keep me going after I finish C25K.
1. What Week/Day are you on? W3D1
2. How do you feel? was easier then expected but again my hr scared me
3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? Not yet, but ll need to repeat this week im sure
4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I stopped the 2nd 3min run on 2 min my hr was at 185, wasnt feeling nothing besides the legs burning but got scared lol
5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? it got easier to run now that i adjusted the speeds of run and walk to a minimum.
I'm just hoping I can find a good app to keep me going after I finish C25K.
Check out "Zombies, Run" on the Google Play store. It was a bit pricey, but I tested it out the other day and it is amazing. Actually, the URL is https://www.zombiesrungame.com/. I kept looking over my shoulder during the run, knowing full well that zombies aren't real but there was always this feeling that I had to check out what was back there...y'know, in case a roving band of pandas decided to run me over or something.
Then again, it could have totally been the desert heat!
I downloaded a nift app called RunKeeper. It gives you time, distance, and average pace. It also has a GPS so I can track your run. It's pretty cool, just remember to shut it off at the end of your workout - if you don't your data will be ruined.
I started a C25K - August, 2012 thread and hope that everyone will join us over there. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's progress.
Wishing everyone continued success on their C25K!
I will be on W3D1 tomorrow.
My right IT Band is giving me fits, but I am stretching more, doing glute exercises, and rolling it out now.
No repeats yet :)
My last run, I did the program as-is - bit then I went to the gym and completed another 1/2 of that day's routine.
My breathing during running has improved greatly, my heart rate is coming down, and my leg muscles are starting to appear again! LOL
ACTIVE is the leader in online event registrations from 5k running races and marathons to softball leagues and local events. ACTIVE also makes it easy to learn and prepare for all the things you love to do with expert resources, training plans and fitness calculators.