Skip navigation

777 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2012 8:56 PM by iSlash
iSlash Rookie 5 posts since
Jul 25, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 29, 2012 7:17 PM

Should I worry about my growth/length?

Hi guys, I'm a 16y old, 5'6" tall for 120 pounds, (point)guard.

I am athletically build, got a little beard, heavy voice.. But it has been a year now, that I'm trying to gain weight, but I didn't win an ounce. It looks to me that my puberty is almost over? (I might be wrong).
So, should I worry about my length? Can I still become a 6-footer?
If yes, what should I do? I'm worrying because it miht affect my game..

Thanks.

• michaelli321 Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 8, 2011
    1. Jul 30, 2012 8:25 AM (in response to iSlash)

hey im 5'6" also but im 14. im worried too about growing tall since my mom and dad are both short and im asian lol, but i was doing research and there are quite a lot of things you can do to make sure you grow a little bit more such as stretching, swimming, getting at least 8 hours of sleep per day (it stimulates human growth hormone). Two very beneficial things you can do is hang from monkey bars and when you sleep, lie on your back. when you lie on your back when you sleep it lets your spine expand and theres no pressure pushing down on it. when you hang from monkey bars your spine stretches. Also, it is recommended that you hang for about 30 min a week. Another thing i found was a growth program that guarantess 2-3 inches in 8 weeks. its called grow taller 4 idiots. im still looking into it but what it does is give you an 8 week schedule that tells you certain stretches you should do each day along with many tips to tell you how to grow taller, such as sleeping on your back.

• babatunde11 Pro 94 posts since
    Jan 10, 2012
    2. Jul 30, 2012 9:38 AM (in response to michaelli321)

Point Guards tend to be smaller so don't worry, you are already 16 so I wouldn't expect 6 foot but I wouldn't be suprised if you make 5'10 or 11.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points