Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

51591 Views 259 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 7:55 PM by CamaroZ28c RSS Go to original post 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 Previous Next
  • GeoWolf Pro 100 posts since
    Jul 28, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    240. Aug 1, 2012 2:07 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Feeling really discouraged after tonight’s run.  I guess I’m allowed to do that sometimes as long as I don’t let it beat me.  Right?   I was supposed to go Monday night and once again my husband wasn’t in the mood.  Plus I seemed to have a reaction to my shot and I had to take Benadryl which made me sort of sleepy so I didn’t push it.  Then tonight it stayed hot late and when I finally decided it wasn’t going to cool off as much I hoped I told Joe I need to go ahead and go.  Daniel had been acting up all day and when Joe told me “I really don’t feel like it.”  I lost it.  Then when he changed his mind I felt like jerk and I really didn’t want him to go so I wasted another 30 minutes being angry with him, before I decided I shouldn’t punish myself by not going and if I let him decide, pretty soon I’d just give up.  So out the door we went with me still fuming and super stressed.  I sort of hoped it would help my jog.  Fuel the fire so to speak. 

It felt super hot and I felt out of sorts.   Angry at everything.  My phone had been acting up and when I took it in they wiped the drive and I had trouble reloading C25K and my music.  Then when it reloaded all the data on my phone for what I’d done up to now was gone and I had to forward thru to where I actually am. Which I didn’t realize until I’d started walking and it took me about a 1/10 of mile to do that. I shared most of my later workouts online, but I never got around to adding the early ones.  I was angry at that too.  I finally figured out that I had signed in with the wrong email account and that was why it was trying to sell the app to me again.  Plus I’ve had cramps for 2 days and lately I seem to get angry/emotional really easily around the time that happens.  Sigh. 

By the time I finished my warm up I was sweating like crazy and even though I thought I was walking faster the distance only read .15 why did I end up right where I always do when I warm up even though I started the clock on down the road.  I looked behind me thinking I should just go home and do this tomorrow.  Which made me angrier.  Somewhere around the 1 mile mark my legs were tired, I was dripping and dying of thirst.  So I paused to take a few swallow and pour water over my head.  I jogged a couple more minutes and I just wasn’t feeling it at all.  I think I started out too fast.  I only stopped about 15 seconds and then I went on for 2 or 3 more minutes.  I was going up a hill and feeling super slow and I just wanted to quit.  I stopped to drink a little more and I just started crying.  Then I got angry again.  I started jogging much slower.  Feeling sorry for myself, angry and maybe still a little teary eyed.  But I kept pushing on.  Around the 20 minute mark my foot started getting numb so I checked the time and I realized how far I was behind where I was last time. At 23 minutes I hit a hill and I was barely moving making it up so I tried going faster so I wouldn’t fall.  That was fine for about a minute but I was fading fast and my foot was completely numb before I hit the top.  Thankfully about the time I knew I wasn’t going to make it any further I started downhill to finish the 25 and since my feet kept moving and I’d missed some in the middle I kept going for another minute which put me at the bottom of the hill.  Of course there was another steeper hill right in front of me.  I turned around for the less challenging one to cool down.  I had a minutes left in that when I decided that with my foot now pretty much a slab I was lugging along for the walk it was too dangerous for me to be stubborn and push it.  Mostly I decided that when I tripped and almost fell. 

I know I should be happy that I got out there and did so much, but I’m really disappointed.  I didn’t even hit the 2 mile mark including the walks to start and finish.  Plus this is the 2nd run where my foot got pretty much totally numb before my 25 minutes was up.  Since I need to add at least 15 minutes more and a better guess would 20 or 25, to reach 5K I feel discouraged.  I’m also very frustrated that when I look at my speed on the app it keeps telling me I’m doing less than 11 min per mile when clearly I’m not.  Today for the 1st ½ of the jog it was reading less than “10 min per mile” most of the times I checked it.  It must be giving me K but it says Mile. Or am I missing something?   I wasn’t going to post this until I woke up in the morning but to continue my wonderful day I went to take my shower and discovered the dog had left some lovely stinky gifts on the bedroom floor.  It’s the 2nd time in about a week he’s done that and I know he knows better.  I’m sorry I’m being such a downer.  I haven’t felt like doing anything for days.  We are supposed to go to FL to visit my family in a week or 2 and I don’t even want to do that right now.  I spent $100 on shots that I’m now worried that I can’t take since I got hives, but I’ve taken them before with no problem so why now when I bought twice as many I usually do so I’d have enough to make it through my trip?  OK pitty party over for tonight. 

I’m so proud of all of you who are doing so well.  I’m going to be really busy over the next week or 2 so I’m not sure I’ll have to time to respond to every post, but if someone is struggling I’ll be sure to stop long enough to give you a pep talk or something.  My distance today was 1.9 miles which according the app works out to be 18.03 minute mile.

Get up and try again! I think I must be setting a record for how many times I've been sidelined in my quest to actually run an entire 5K. Back injury, bronchitis, knee injury, bad cold, broken toe, biopsy. I am determined to make it.

2013 - Gritty Goddess Mud Run (Run/Walk)

2013 - Firefly Run (Run/Walk)

2014 - ??

My 6 year old ran in the Gritty Kids Mud Run and I couldn't keep up. LOL

• CamaroZ28c Expert 45 posts since
    Jul 2, 2012
    241. Aug 2, 2012 5:59 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been responding; it has been a busy week.  I have been on the road the last couple of days so I only got one 3 mile run in on Monday morning.  I had every intention of doing a second run this morning since I missed yesterday because I was literally driving yesterday morning at 4:30am, but when my alarm went off at 4:45am this morning it was pouring outside.  We had a pretty good thunderstorm which we need because we have been baking in drought, but now I suppose I'll just go out and do a run tomorrow morning.  I still refuse to do one in the evening because it is still ~100F at 9pm here.  Don't know how all of you that run evenings do it!  I am still going to focus on maintaining my 3 mile runs for awhile and then will entertain the idea of going longer.  As it is now, I am pushing getting out the door in time for work, and that is with getting up at 4:45am!  Don't really know how I am going to fit a 50-60 minute run in the morning.  Not to mention it is pitch black when I start my run and about halfway through, a little light starts peaking up in the east.  If I went any earlier, I'd need to get nightvision goggles!

Congrats to everyone by the way.  Mom2 and mb, sounds like you are doing awesome.  Glad your daughter is enjoying it as well.  Very cool to have that bonding time.  Geo, keep it up, you have got to be the most determined person here; I know you will succeed!

Keep the updates coming; I will linger here as long as others do!

C25k completed 7/27/2012

1st 5k: Alert Road Race 6/15/2013 - 34 minutes

• mb923 Amateur 29 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    242. Aug 2, 2012 8:29 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Daughter and I are done.  We ran for 35 minutes yesterday without pausing once.  I'm so proud of her.  I gave her a little pep talk before we went in.  I wanted her to truly understand what she had done.  School comes easy for her.  Fitness does not.  I guess I overdid it because she ended up sobbing.  She can be a little dramatic but I think it's because she really didn't think she'd be able to do it. 

I'm taking today off and then I need to add something for my non-run days.  I'm going to start out with yoga - just the free workouts on the tv.  Camp is done this week so I'm going to have a harder time getting out without the little ones until school starts.  But I'll make it work.

Geo - I'm not out of this until you are.  Even if you are not seeing the progress - it's there.  Any time I have decided to skip my run, I've felt bad about it all day.  But the days that I go out and at least try (sometimes unsuccessfully), I feel good.  This is a mental and emotional journey as well as physical.  Keep your head high.

Jul 28, 2010
    243. Aug 3, 2012 3:29 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Hi everyone. Missed another run. My little one is sick with a cold (I've been up all night worried about him because his nose keeps stuffing up.) I just didn't feel very well when I was supposed to go, likely because I didn't sleep well the night before either, but he wasn't stuffed up then just restless and saying his throat hurt. The doctor said it's a cold and a few hours later his little nose let loose. Poor baby. But please God don't let me get it. The last one took me almost a month to fight off and we are supposed to head to Florida in about a week. I had dental work done on Wed and I'm still having some pain from that. Thankfully my eye is better. Next time I'm wearing safety goggles. I'll bet you are thinking you missed something. Nope the dentist fumbled a tool and it fell on my eye. I was worried I was going to be going to the ER for about 10 minutes after it happened. Still wasn't sure until I woke up yesterday that I wasn't going to need to see an eye doctor. If you've ever been thumped in the eyeball I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. My gums are sore from the shots but that always happens. I have a high pain tolerance everywhere but my gums. Go figure. It was a really long day and we got home late, and, and, and….  But this one is all on me.  I was really tired and I thought I was bound for sleep as soon as the little man was out but it didn’t work out that well.  Hearing your poor little guy grunting and stuffy makes it impossible to sleep.  I have him propped up in the recliner so he can breathe.  Thinking about parents who are watching their child go thru worse than a cold.  Praying that I never have to.  Hoping that I can find the time and energy to jog sometime today.  The heat has been brutal the last few days.  It’s almost 5 am and it’s just now gotten down to 75 with the humidity at 92%.  I guess the 81 it was at midnight was part of what kept me from heading out.  It was feeling like at least 90 and the humidity was even higher.  Maybe my husband will sit up with Daniel and I can jog at dawn.  Not likely. 

Get up and try again! I think I must be setting a record for how many times I've been sidelined in my quest to actually run an entire 5K. Back injury, bronchitis, knee injury, bad cold, broken toe, biopsy. I am determined to make it.

2014 - ??

• TisforTiara Amateur 21 posts since
    Jun 5, 2012
    244. Aug 4, 2012 3:43 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Halfway through w8 now - only two runs this week, because of work, torrential rain and unexpected dinner date, so run 2 of week 8 was this morning.  28 minutes straight, but app kept freezing, just for a couple of seconds each time, but when I checked on Endomondo, I'd done 30 minutes running, so those little blips must have added up.  I thought I must have been running faster, but no, just longer.  Still, it's all about getting the distance in, isn't it?  Speed can come later.

mb - well done, and well done to your daughter.  My own daughter is starting with the program, and is finding it tough as well (though probably not as tough as me - her legs are younger).  She's not too keen on running outside in daylight when people can see her - she thinks they'll all laugh at her - so she's been running when it gets dark, and because I run in the morning or straight after work, she's not been running with me.  One of the things I've noticed about this program is the confidence it gives you, so I'm hoping in a few weeks' time she'll realise that nobody's looking and laughing, they're looking and thinking either "I wish I could run like that" or "I remember when I first started out running".  Or more likely, not looking at all, just getting on with their life.

Geo - it's tough when you've got other things going on, and running is just another chore you have to cope with.  Don't give up - like mb, I'm around as long as you're here - but don't beat yourself up if you miss a run, or if a run doesn't go as well as you'd like.  I'm taking longer than the nine week program, and I don't have anywhere near the stresses you have, so you're way ahead of me already!  You're doing this for you, and you're doing this for your boy, so he knows what a fantastic, awesome mum he has.  But if other things get in the way and they're more important (and I can't think of anything more important than your son's health, or your own), then it's natural you'll deal with those first.  I'm thinking of you, and rooting for you, so check in when you can, but I think this running lark is meant to be a little escape from the everyday pressures, and a way to let off some steam, it's not meant to be just another burden you have to bear.  The running police won't come and arrest you just because you miss a day now and then.

Jul 28, 2010
    245. Aug 4, 2012 6:43 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Hi everyone. You are all doing so great. I actually love jogging so much that I really miss it on the days I don't go. That is outside of feeling guilty. But I'm still in a holding pattern. I worked on cleaning out both freezers yesterday and I caulked the tub when I was up with Daniel in the wee hours the night before last. I figured I was so exhausted I'd sleep great last night and it just didn't happen. I think I'm getting Daniel's cold. I have an ear ache and a stuffy nose. But it might be that I'm just beyond exhausted and I feel like crying because of it.

I’m supposed to be at a concealed weapons class right now but I’m so exhausted. Daniel didn’t sleep well for the 2nd night in a row. He was OK as long as he stayed on the pillows I have propped up, but he kept getting off them and then his nose would stop up and he’d start snorting and groaning and it would wake me up. I woke up intending to go, but Joe saw how awful I was doing and he called and canceled.  I should have just fell back into bed to sleep, but I feel bad about it. It will be months before I can take the class now and he didn’t ask how much it will cost.  (My neighbor just got certified and he was giving his first class free to some friends) Now I’m worried about rather he will charge me and I can’t afford the class and the money the state wants for the license.  Joe says he doesn’t think he will charge me, but I’m peeved at him because I told him to ask and if he said it was going to be over $100 I’d just drag myself over no matter how awful I feel.  Plus I was looking forward to this for weeks and I wanted to go.  Maybe I can feel better about missing it this time if I find someone who wants to take the class with me next time.  I think it will be around Nov. before he gets another one together.  

So now I’m failing on everything I had planned for this week.  The fridge half isn’t cleaned.  I have a dishwasher sitting in my living room that needs to be installed.  The van still needs to be cleaned out and taken to get the window fixed for our trip.  I need to rent a carpet cleaner and do those now that the dog is (please God) house broken. And about a 100 other things including packing for our trip.  But yeah I have to find 2 suitcases to replace the ones that are broken.  (The puppy chewed the zipper on one back in Feb and the other is just old.)  Plus I still haven’t jogged.  It took way longer to defrost the deep freezer than I thought it would and by the time that was done it was too late to cook and nothing near us was open to pick up something to eat.  (No way was I cooking.)  We made the long drive into town to get a bite and by the time we got back it was almost midnight and I was zoning out.  Then my sister called and we talked for about an hour.   Much as I wanted to jog I knew it wasn’t safe for me to try.  If I had fallen asleep right away instead of having this list of everything I needed to do and the whole watching Daniel breath to make sure he was OK keeping me up, I was thinking I’d get up and go before the class this morning.   It would have been much cooler then. 

I’m hoping I can go back to sleep now and if I can breathe at all once it cools off tonight I’m going. “For me.  For my son.  For my health and sanity.”  Ooo maybe I should have that put on a T-shirt.  LOL  It might sound crazy when I read it once I’m actually rested.  I let you know what happens.  Anyone else still working toward 5K?  Where are you week and mileage wise.   OK I’m gone…  Zzzzzzzzzz 

2014 - ??

• Yadyad Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 9, 2012
    246. Aug 4, 2012 7:03 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Hello dear all.  You have been my support and inspiration.  I started the program much later than you, sometime in July.  I finished W3D3 today.  I just peaked on what's ahead and a 20 minute run at the end of week 5?!  Unbelievable but so exciting.  Can I really do this?  How was it for you guys?

Are you feeling proud?  You should be.  Someone asked about weight loss, I've really toned up quite a bit in just a month.  I did a lot of walking and a bit of running, and my body has become almost perfect.  I wasn't too heavy to begin with, but I still had my array of insecurities at 28.  But now I feel comfortable to finally wear a swimming suit or show my body.  What an awesome change.  I am very satisfied with how much more toned I look.

I hope I can do this.  I know I can.  Most horribly, my love and I separated last weekend.  I haven't been sleeping much as you can imagine, I've been drained, emotionally and physically, but I am not letting it stop me from c25k.  Quite the opposite.  I am strong.  That's what I try to tell myself.

Strange how this forum and running in general turns into some sort of therapy.  Not only for me it look like.  Keep you spirits up guys.  You are amazing and inspiring!

Jul 28, 2010
    247. Aug 5, 2012 2:37 AM (in response to Yadyad)
    June C25K Starters

Yadyad: You can certainly do that 20 minute jog. Just slow down a bit if you start to get tired and focus on doing just a little bit more if you get to where you feel like stopping. At least that's how I did it. Pick a spot up ahead that I can make it that much further and when I get there pick another one and keep doing that as many times as you can.  Do you belong to the July group too?   Love having you here so don't think I'm suggesting you leave.  LOL 

I did W7D3 tonight. I actually added a little extra time to my jog, but I'm not sure how long. Somewhere between 1 and 3 minutes I'd guess. I cannot jog and work that screen properly to save my life.  LOL   I locked the screen until it said walk and then because I wanted to see how much further I could comfortably go and I didn’t want to mess up and miss my cool down distance I unlocked it and hit the back button planning to hit forward when I got tired.  Somehow I hit the pause button when I put it away.  I didn’t realize that until Joe called out and said “how much longer?”  It must have been more than 25 minutes.  I pulled out the phone and it read 24:54 or :45 and I thought oh crud (ok maybe it was a bit more colorful) I paused the app.  I un paused it deciding to go ahead and cool down and I must have hit the forward button twice and skipped over that.  The distance I had on the app was 1.98 miles.  Looking at the map I’d say between a ¼ and maybe 3/8 more.  The thing is I’m not sure the app wasn’t adding distance while it was paused because I was just barely past the 1 mile mark when it said ½ way. (Including warm up.) and yet I was almost at 2 miles without the cool down.  So confusing.  I’m actually looking forward to my next 2 weeks.  I was feeling pretty good this time.  I didn’t start out too fast.  I did have some leg cramps before the ½ way point but I ran on my toes a few seconds about 3 times and worked them out.  I felt like my foot was getting numb a little later and I remembered that I’d read that it could be caused by your feet swelling making your laces too tight so I paused long enough to loosen the Velcro straps (I think I said before that I wear barefoot running shoes) and then I did a couple more reps of toe running.  Each time I thought I might be feeling any numbness I did a short toe run. (Maybe 3 more.)  Worked great.  My breathing stayed good until the end and even then it wasn’t awful.  If Joe hadn’t butted in I know I could have made it another minute or 2 without having to pick spots that I could make it to. 

I still have an earache and my tooth is still sensitive but I don’t seem to have a full blown cold, which I’m thankful for.  I am a bit stuffy and had to keep clearing my throat and nose, but not too bad.  I wish Daniel was doing as well.  He kept me up most of the night sniffling and snorting every time he moved so he wasn’t propped up.  By morning I was too exhausted to make my class and forget about jogging when I could barely stand.  It was late when I jogged and might even have been after 1 am when I left.  It’s just so hot and it’s not cooling down like it was.  Hoping for some late afternoon rain soon to give us some respite.  We are hoping to leave for FL at the end of next week if Daniel is feeling better.  It is no fun traveling when someone is ill so I don’t plan to start off that way.  I haven’t even asked what the weather is like there.  Man I can’t wait for fall and winter.  Wish me luck in week 8. 

2014 - ??

Jul 28, 2010
    248. Aug 7, 2012 6:00 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Finished W8D1 this morning. I'm so exhausted. It was super hard and I was way slow the 2nd half of the jog but I did it. The neighbors stupid dog followed me and I kept having to call him out of traffic and to stop marking every thing along the way. Grrrrr It was not good for my run or my mood that he stood in front of 2 cars just staring at them with me yelling "come he Jasper." It wasn't that hot when I left 75 with 95% humidity but OMG it felt hot and getting hotter. Only 77 when I got home, but I was soaked. My foot was totally numb again with 4 minutes left and nothing I tried my last jog worked. I thought I had it figured out, as being tight straps from my feet swelling, but I guess not. Still I kept my feet moving in a jogging motion the whole time. (Except for a couple of seconds when I was waving like crazy at car when the dog wouldn't move.) I was doing my "I'll just make it to that spot" trick for most of the 2nd half. When I finally decided that I just couldn't go any further and I looked at the timer it was 6 seconds into the cool down. I never heard the cue. I think because a truck was passing. Total distance was only 2.19 miles. My warm up walk was a little short because I stopped to get something out of my shoe so that takes up the .19 The cool down with the numb foot was less than that I think. At any rate I know I jogged at least 1.75 miles. More likey at least 1.85. I need to remind myself how awesome that is compared to when I started.

2014 - ??

Jul 2, 2012
    249. Aug 9, 2012 4:42 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Hey Tis and Geo, keep it up, you are doing great!  Can you believe you are almost done with the program?  It is a cool feeling.  I am actually glad I finished when I did because I have been really busy with work the last two weeks and had to miss a run on both Tuesdays.  I don't feel guilty though since I am not on a program at the moment.  I have been managing to run three miles on 35 minutes on Mondays and Fridays and I am happy with that.  Working on getting that down to 30 minutes, then I will start extending my distance too.  Need to start looking for some 5ks to participate in!  Keep it up!

C25k completed 7/27/2012

Jul 2, 2012
    250. Aug 11, 2012 6:22 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Well, cut my run yesterday down to only two miles because my knee wasn't feeling right.  It didn't really hurt but it didn't feel good, if you know what I mean.  Might of pushed to hard with my barbell squats the previous day.  Hopefully, of will feel better by Monday.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

C25k completed 7/27/2012

Jul 2, 2012
    251. Aug 13, 2012 2:41 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Limited myself to two miles again today but not so much because of my knee, but because I accidentally overslept by 30 minutes and just didn't have enough time to add the extra mile.  Plus, my phone froze mid run and I had to restart it because I just can't run without music.  Well, not sure if anyone is coming to this board anymore, but I said I would keep posting till everyone finished.  Guess this'll be my last post unless anyone is still here. 

C25k completed 7/27/2012

• mb923 Amateur 29 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    252. Aug 16, 2012 7:35 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

Sorry I've been MIA.  We were on vacation last week and I've been playing catch up at work ever since.  Geo and Tis - you should be very proud of your endurance.  I'm still waiting to 'love' running.  The only thing I like about it is how I feel when I'm done.  Keep it up and keep posting!!

Jul 28, 2010
    253. Aug 17, 2012 2:08 AM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

I'm still here. Sort of. I just realized it's been 10 days since I jogged. Or since I finished a jog, might be more fair. I also thought I'd done W8D2 but I can't find any record of it. Strange. I was thinking it was a week today and that was bad enough, now I'm down right depressed. Lots of excuses. Daniel was sick. Then I was so busy getting ready for our trip. Last week I started having all this pain in my joints and muscles and I have no idea what was causing it. Went to the Doctor on Monday and he did some blood tests and put me on Prednisone.  I still haven’t gotten the test results back and I can’t tell how my pain from that is doing because the next night Daniel accidently hurt my back.  It’s not awful like it was after the car accident, but I was doing last minute packing and didn’t give it a chance to rest, then I hopped into the van for a long drive and my sciatica (I think that’s the nerve I mean.) has been screaming pain down my flank.  It really has been off.  Tonight I decided to jog since I discovered the hotel has a treadmill and I figured it would be easy peasy lemon squeezy (as Daniel would say) inside, cool air, on even ground…  NOPE!  It was not good at all.   Didn’t even make it 10 minutes and I hated pretty much every second.  The “ground” felt unstable.  I was looking in a mirror at the person I least want to look at when I’m running.  (Totally ruins my image of myself when I can see what I really look like jogging)  I can’t even explain how odd it felt trying to run on the darn thing.  Almost backwards.  Instead of pushing forward with my foot to propel myself, it felt like I was having to stop myself from going off the back by lifting my foot with no forward motion.  Nope can’t explain it at all and I didn’t like the way it felt.  My legs were cramping the same way they were in the early weeks, by the time 5 minutes was up.  A couple of more minutes and I decided “This is for the birds, I’m going to try again when I can run outside where God intended me to do it.”  I tried out the bike thing which was broken and then some sort of machine that you move your feet up and down while you row or move these huge sticks back and forth.  Needless to say I had no idea how I was supposed to make that one move.  I tried it out and did it forward and then backward (or backward and then forward) for about 2 or 3 minutes and it helped my leg cramps but I just wasn’t into it.  So I jumped back onto the treadmill to see how long I could go this time.  HATED it even more so after about a minute I just hit the stop button and quit!  I wasn’t breathing heavy and hadn’t really even broken a sweat, but my legs were screaming at me.  I’m not sure if I’ll try to jog outside tomorrow or wait till I get to my parents the next day.  The weather was bad here in Mississippi today so even if I’d looked for a place outside I don’t think it would have been super safe.  Hoping I do better next time. 

I wish I had time to respond but I’m exhausted and we have to get up early to travel.  One reason I didn’t update sooner is I’ve been having troubling getting to the threads on this site.  I can open the lists under newbie café but not the posts.  I keep getting errors.  Once out of every 15 or 20 times I try it will suddenly open.  Keep up the good work even if you aren’t doing as well as you wish.  Thank you so much to anyone who is still here with me. 

2014 - ??

Jul 28, 2010
    254. Aug 28, 2012 7:26 PM (in response to Bauer05)
    June C25K Starters

I'm still making excuses.  But I am not out.  Tonight I really, really want to run for the 1st time in a week.  Well that's not true I have wanted to run but it was hot and I was exhasted after our trip.  Then I had a party to go to and I thought I'd run after but I ended up helping my aunt make favors for her 50th anniversary and by the time I got home my back was hurting.  sigh.  Let's see Tropical Storm.  Headache that sent me the a Neuroligist, The ER and then a dentist for the 2nd time in the last 3 weeks.  Simply awful.  I had a wisdom tooth pulled today because this dentist said there was a chance it could be causeing the pain and when I pushed my dentist who said it was unlikely he said if my headache was that bad than he couldn't rule it out.  Not sure if I can jog tomorrow night or not.  But today the weather was beautiful and with all the brand new lakes around here (flooding) it would have been interesting to run.  I had a hard time restraining myself.  Not to mention euphoria from the relief of pain which may be from anything from the tooth removal, to still being numb, to the medicine that the neuroligist gave me for whatever it was he thought it might be.  I am starving right now because I can't eat solids and I didn't feel like eating for days with that headache.   I have never felt pain like that.  Felt like someone drilling into my head.  Honestly worried I was going to die. 

The good news is my back is fine.  Had about 4 days of pain but once we got out of the car after 3 long days on the road it only took a day or so to stop hurting.  I don't know if anyone is still here or if we having any backsliders who need support.  If no one answers this I'll look for a new group to join.  Maybe the August one if they will have me. 

2014 - ??

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...