Skip navigation

1877 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 7:38 PM by 23AllDayEveryDay
babatunde11 Pro 94 posts since
Jan 10, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 3, 2012 9:19 AM

Where do you guys train?

My workout room is sick! My house is a bit bigger then average so we had a couple rooms that nobody used on our 4th level. When I decided I wanted to go somewhere with basketball as a present my parents started a project to make me a room where I could train comfortably in every day.

They knocked down the wall inbetween two rooms and then dug out the carpet and lay down a limestone foundation which was then covered with a shorter more comfortable carpet. Along with this they had a custom Nike Basketball made that bounces off of limestone so now instead of going to LifeTime to train every day I just go to my "Man Cave" It's sweet I got my own TV down there and sometimes I have sleepovers down there with my girlfriend and some friends. As for my shot, our neighborhood kinda sucks as our neighbors are "snobby or stuck up" so instead of having a hoop on the side of the road, I  have a 10 foot reclining Nike hoop down in a cul de sac. I just take a 10 minutes jog down there and then I can shoot hoops for hours.

Anyways, my question is where do you guys train? Do you just train on your driveway, at lifetime, or do you have a little setup at your house like me?

• ballplaya1254 Amateur 9 posts since
    Aug 3, 2011
    1. Aug 3, 2012 10:23 AM (in response to babatunde11)
    Where do you guys train?

I train at the local gym in my town. During the week I lift and train, but later I play pickup basketball on the courts in the gym. This is all during the offseason of AAU.

• EPE09 Legend 508 posts since
    Dec 28, 2009
    3. Jan 31, 2013 6:50 PM (in response to babatunde11)
    Where do you guys train?

I try to train everywhere. Most of the time I train at my house, at the local park, or at my school.

• 23AllDayEveryDay Pro 155 posts since
    Aug 1, 2011
    4. Jan 31, 2013 7:38 PM (in response to babatunde11)
    Where do you guys train?

My driveway i use for ball-handling because it is pretty narrow, but the length almost of a full-court, then sometimes I train or play pickup at my towns rec center, but primarily I work out with my old middle school coach turned trainer. He lives next to an old church and has the keys to the churches gym so he works me out 7 days a week for free. He just loves basketball and has been working people out for years so he works me out now. Pretty sweet; the level of drills I get from paying for these "elite trainer clinics" i get for free just 2 blocks from my house!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points