Aug 5, 2012 3:43 AM
Harris Heat Travel Softball emphasizes the education the game of softball provides, teaches the fundamentals, mental and physical development, a respect for the rules of the game, and basic ideals of sportsmanship and fair play. In all aspects, the Harris Heat Travel Softball program is committed to providing the youth of our community the very best educational, sports experience possible. Our program has a special group of young ladies and families, who believe in hard work, commitment, being positive, respectful, teamwork, having fun and learning what it takes to be an excellent athlete. Our program believes in providing a flexible and positive environment for your daughter to excel. If you share in our vision and are ready to realize your own, we invite you to join us.
Our program is based out of Granger, Indiana and currently have players from throughout the Michiana area.
For the 2012/2013 season we anticipate fielding teams in 9U/10U/11U/12U/13U/14U and 16U.
We are conducting Tryouts for all interested players on:
Please arrive 30 minutes early to register and warmup.
Harris Township Junior Baseball Softball Association
52005 Currant Road, Granger, IN 46530
For additional information please contact Bill Bollinger or Shaun Dralle at:
We are happy to conduct private tryouts and your confidentiality is assured.
Program History and Highlights
Our program just celebrated its 21st Year Anniversary of providing a travel softball experience to Michiana softball players and is looking to build upon its long and storied successes.
If you are searching for your first team or looking for a new team please contact us for more information or join us at our tryouts.
2012 Program Highlights
- NSA 2012 World Series - 3rd Place – 12U
- NSA North State Champion – 12U
- NSA CCAC Summer Slam Champion - 12U
- NSA Columbus Day Classic Champion – 12U
- NSA Crown Point – Northwest Shootout Runner-up – 12U
- NSA CCAC Worth Super Series Champion – 12U
- NSA CCAC Fastpitch Fever Runner-up – 12U
- Wahoo Shootout Champion (14U Division) – 12U
- Wahoo Finale Runner-up – 12U
- Rochester Round Barn Runner-up - 10U & 12U
- Seriously Softball League Champions – 12U
- USSSA World Series - 7th Place – 11U
- Babe Ruth Northern Indiana Champion – 10U
- Babe Ruth Ohio Valley Semi-Finalist - 10U
- NSA Pirates Treasure Quest Champion – 10U
2011 Program Highlights
- Babe Ruth Northern Indiana Champion – 10U
- Babe Ruth Ohio Valley Champion – 10U
- 20th Annual Harris Heat Inv. Champion – 10U & 14U
- Lakeshore Invitational Champion – 10U
- NSA Indiana Northern State - 5th Place – 10U
- NLBSA Invitational Runner-Up – 14U
- Coloma Invitational Champion – 14U
- Rochester Round Barn Champion – 10U & 14U
- Niles Invitational Champion – 14U
What to Expect: Full Fall schedule (2-3 Tournaments), Full Winter Workout program, Individual Training/Coaching Opportunities, and 6-10 Spring and Summer tournaments.
Who this message is for: You may be a parent of a girl who would like to play 9U/10U/11U/12U/13U/14U or 16U travel softball. You may be a coach who knows a girl who is looking for a different team or would like to begin playing travel softball. You maybe be someone who knows others who would benefit from this information…please forward it on.
Levels of Play: For the 2012-2013 Softball Season we will field teams in the 9U/10U/11U/12U/13U/14U/16U divisions. Within these divisions we will be offering two different levels of travel softball:
Travel Priority: These teams will strive to play and compete with the best teams in the Midwest. Fields of potential play will be in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois and to qualify and to play in a “World Series”. A Travel Priority team will play in 10+ Tournaments per year. While these teams are still Little League friendly, the Travel games are priority over any Little League function.
Local Travel: These teams will be learning to compete with other Michiana teams in the fundamentals and the development of quality players. These teams will primarily stay within the greater Michiana area for the bulk of their 5-6 tournaments. This team is Little League friendly with Little League as a priority.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How Long has the Harris Heat program been around?
Answer: 2012 was our 21st year of operation.
Question: If my player wants to participate in the Harris Heat program are they required to play in the Recreational Program?
Question: Are there any coaching/volunteer opportunities available?
Answer: Yes - just ask the appropriate team contact for more details.