Skip navigation

614 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2012 7:28 PM by lenzlaw
BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
Nov 20, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 10, 2012 7:06 AM

10 Aug - Fri

7 very enjoyable but quite humid trail miles with my daughter, she is back to UNC next week.  My son will also be off to college next week, then the empty nest sets in, not looking forward to it.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,424 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Aug 10, 2012 9:48 AM (in response to BOSNPM)
    10 Aug - Fri

I've been having some problems getting my runs in the last few days due to a job change that has a much longer commute.  I hope to get a run in this evening.  That's not ideal but it looks like the alternative is getting up very early, about 4:30, and running then.

Len

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    2. Aug 10, 2012 2:38 PM (in response to lenzlaw)
    10 Aug - Fri

Len, that's pretty gross. Stop thinking about that. 4:30 is just wrong.

4 miles again today. Fairly consistent. My stomach has not been good all this week. That continues, to some extent. It's also Musikfest, so people have taken over my town and the riverfront, leaving me nowhere to park or run, so I've been on the treadmill at the campus gym. Which is at times hotter and more humid than it is outside (usually not both at the same time). Still, 4 is 4. I'm starting to get back into a training rhythm. It's just frustrating to see my lame-*** times. I know it's the heat and humidity (and maybe a wee bit of 50k) and I'll reap the benefits in October, but dang. It's just so discouraging.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,424 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    3. Aug 10, 2012 7:28 PM (in response to thefirecat)
    Re: 10 Aug - Fri

I ran a good 5 miles after I got home tonight.  I was a little worried about the weather but it's been good so far.  May be thunderstorms overnight though.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...