Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

637 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2012 6:12 PM by chell730
PutthatAsstowork Rookie 3 posts since
Oct 22, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 13, 2012 7:11 AM

Morning Runners

I love to run. Always loved to watch the sun set as I finished up my run. Now I will have to run in the morning. Not much of a morning person and by the time I am done with my run it's like my body says now that you have jogged /walked fast for 3 miles I am now ready to go run now. Followed by a crash really tired an hour after run.... Any help would be great!

• BigSlade Amateur 36 posts since
    May 4, 2012
    1. Aug 13, 2012 8:23 AM (in response to PutthatAsstowork)
    Morning Runners

I would say that I'm more of a morning person than night person, but this is a problem I deal with every time my alarm goes off at 4:30 for my run.  For me, if I don't run first thing in the morning I will likely talk myself out of exercising when I get home.  I also have an issue with working out after work in that 1) my run will typically be shorter in distance and or take me longer and 2) I'll have trouble going to sleep at night.  I seem to have the opposite effect from my runs as you do.  After a good run in the morning I'm more awake and feel better throughout the day.  I crash earlier in the evening, than on days I don't run, but it's enough of a difference that I feel much more awake and aware on mornings I run than when I don't.  I've also noticed that on days I don't drag my butt out of bed I will typically feel worse than if I would have just got up and ran. 

If you have only recently changed your routine, give it a couple weeks and see if your body adjusts to the new routine.  Best of luck to you.       

• chell730 Expert 40 posts since
    Aug 11, 2012
    2. Aug 16, 2012 6:12 PM (in response to BigSlade)
    Morning Runners

I love running in the morning.  It's my favorite time.  I will soon have to get up early to run on Monday's as my school schedule comes back next week.  I enjoy being up before everyone else.  Less traffic means I don't have to stop as often.  It's also fun to realize that I've gotten my miles in before most of the people I know have gotten out of bed.  It's also my energy for the day. I don't eat sweets and sometimes I have green tea but I don't drink soda so it's my energy.  I also love it because by the time I'm a half way in, I'm finally fully awake and I figure since I'm already half way through it, might as well finish it. 

Chell

"Your story is your power, not your shame." ~Ryan Blair~

Started 12/19/2011- Nike program

Nike+ chell622

Soles for Education 5k- 36:29

Armed Forces 5k- 36:14

Christie Clinic Illinois half Marathon 4/27/2013

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points