Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2949 Views 40 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 1:11 PM by MAHM Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • kc2000 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 11, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Aug 13, 2012 11:20 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 2012 Chicago 10K Reviews

This was a very well run race. I loved the course.  My only disapointment was with the shirts. They were mens sizes and way too big for women. I would like to see them offer womens sizes if they are going to charge extra for a shirt.

• Jim66441 Amateur 25 posts since
    Apr 24, 2009
    16. Aug 13, 2012 11:26 AM (in response to Guest )

Great new addition to the Chicago racing scene. Well run, well organized, fantastic volunteers. A little on the pricey side, but, we're talking about a race in the city after all.

• KatyG210 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 14, 2008
    17. Aug 13, 2012 11:29 AM (in response to Guest )

Loved the event. Well organized and great course and very enthusiastic volunteers, and the medal was awesome. Although the shirts sizes ran huge,  mens sizes only, if I had known that I woudn't have paid the $5 more for the tecnical shirt. If you are only going to have mens sizes state that and at least offer an extra small. Also the course was narrow for the amount of people and was still open to the public so bikers were biking through in the middle of the race. Block the path off in the future so that  the runners only have to worry about other runners.

Smile,

Katy

• Elizabeth WH Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 1, 2009
    18. Aug 13, 2012 11:29 AM (in response to Guest )

Overall, this race was great! Beautiful views, great runners and small enough to not be overwhelming. 

Suggestions for the future include better signage for bikers and pedestrians along the lake path and a portapotty station at the turn around point at 31st Street. 

• vamazzeo Rookie 5 posts since
    Jan 1, 2008
    19. Aug 13, 2012 11:36 AM (in response to Guest )

Overall an excellent, well managed event. I will run it again next year. The starting corral was tiered by minute per mile pace, which helped people place themselves according to speed. The course was well marked and a nice departure from the usual course near Montrose Harbor. The only issue I notice was not fresh fruit at the end of the race. The end of the race food was prepackaged food stuffs provided by the sponsors. If you're looking for a fun 10K with some really great views of the lake and the city, this is the one to choose.

• JenniHembd Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 18, 2012
    20. Aug 13, 2012 11:56 AM (in response to Guest )

As a participant in Chicago 10K's inaugural race, I found this race to be extremely well organized.  The volunteers were motivating and the course was beautiful.  I was impressed with the finishers medal too!  Looking forward to this race again next year!

• ChantalKhan Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 16, 2011
    21. Aug 13, 2012 12:25 PM (in response to Guest )

Great event! Well-organized and fun! I will definitely consider running it again next year or reccommend it to friends looking for a good 10K. Good job!

• JeanMcInerney Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 15, 2010
    22. Aug 13, 2012 12:33 PM (in response to Guest )

Great race!  I would consider doing this again next year but I would NOT pay extra for the shirt.  I was expecting a women's size and ordered a medium way too big! Quite disappointing.  Otherwise very well organized and lots of fun. Kudos to the volunteers on the coarse, they were great cheerleaders!!!!

• DelvynJones Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 1, 2012
    23. Aug 13, 2012 1:03 PM (in response to Guest )

Great Event. My first 10K and the race was very well organized and fun. Nice view that I did not get a lot of time to focus on. It was a blast!!!!

• Michael Barron Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 3, 2008
    24. Aug 13, 2012 1:19 PM (in response to Guest )

We flew in from Southern California for the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the run.  It was well organized, timely and exactly as advertised.  The route was terrific and showed off Chicago nicely.  I concur with the other writers - the volunteers were top flight - extremely motivating and energetic.  My wife loved the t-shirt design - hated the fact that she is dwarfed by the men's oversizing.  Fix that and the race is golden.

• ninavilla80 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 8, 2012
    25. Aug 13, 2012 2:25 PM (in response to Guest )

All in all, a great race. Felt it was very organized. The volunteers were amazing!!! The medal is an awesome keepsake. I think many people were disappointed in the shirt... I didn't see a lot of people wearing them race day, they were too big! The only other thing to consider for next year, having a closed course, it was a little difficult getting around other runners and bikers not in the race.

• rgr33n Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 28, 2011
    26. Aug 13, 2012 4:17 PM (in response to Guest )

This was a very well run event and the volunteers out on the course were so full of energy and enthusiastic which was great.  The medal is awesome - I love the skyline in the design!  I see others commenting on the fact that other runners/bikers were on the trail - but that is true for any race in Chicago on the bike path (not just this one) and something you just expect.  Overall a great race and certainly one I will be signing up for again next year!  Thank you!

• mswain28 Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 23, 2011
    27. Aug 13, 2012 4:18 PM (in response to Guest )

Overall it was a great race.  The volunteers were amazing, friendly, and very helpful.  I appreciated being able to choose the option for a tech running shirt.  My only suggestion would be to extend the course further down the lakefront path.  The first part of the route through Grant Park was a bit iffy since the sidewalk was so badly cracked and uneven.  Other than that I would do this again!

• LionelGarcia Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 1, 2011
    28. Aug 13, 2012 5:33 PM (in response to Guest )

Great Race! I love the fact that they skimped on the frills (goody bag stuff, Clock at every mile, etc) to make the medal more badass!

course was as good as it can get and after race party was cool!

• japhilli3 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 2, 2012
    29. Aug 13, 2012 7:30 PM (in response to Guest )

Course was great; volunteers were excellent.  Just the right amount of participants; not too croweded!  Loved that WATER was provided instead of Gatorade.  Will definitely do again next year. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...