Skip navigation

2950 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2012 9:59 PM by DaReaLK
starplayer102 Expert 52 posts since
Mar 23, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 10, 2012 8:29 PM

Could you beat me 1v1?

I'm 13years old, 5'10" and 155lbs. I have the handles of a shooting guard,can finish with either hand and can shoot with either hand. I'm an average defender( which i need to work on) and can post up almost anybody. I can also pass but I guess that doesn't matter in 1v1. My vert is 24". I also step up during crunch time.

• NextCP3 Legend 320 posts since
    Apr 11, 2012
    1. Aug 13, 2012 4:00 PM (in response to starplayer102)
    Could you beat me 1v1?

I think I could. I'm 12, 4'10 and 80lbs. I have an explosive first step that gets me to the hoop and finish with either hand. I have great ball handling, court vision, and bball IQ. I have a great jumper and when I get hot from beyond the arc I don't miss. I'm good at FT especially in crunch time. I'm great on D and have quick hands to get steals. I have a good left hand, I'm right handed. I'm great at passing but that won't matter in 1v1. My no step vert. is 23in and my max step is 27. I think my speed could get by your size. I'm very fast

• NextCP3 Legend 320 posts since
    Apr 11, 2012
    3. Aug 13, 2012 6:13 PM (in response to starplayer102)
    Could you beat me 1v1?

Haha, yeah you got the advantage in size. You sound good too!!

• Rebound23 Pro 99 posts since
    Mar 16, 2012
    4. Aug 16, 2012 8:42 AM (in response to starplayer102)
    Could you beat me 1v1?

Yeah I think I could do it. Not easily of course. You've got 5 inches on me 14yrs old, 5'5 and 130lbs. Got a max vert of about 29? Never really measured but around there. Right-handed but don't bother forcing me left because if anything I'm better on the left side.I could be quicker but I have great speed and a killer spin move. I've also sharpened up a bit on my mid range shooting. Still isn't too good but it's improving. I'm real proud of my defense though. I like to guard a lot of the taller guys and block shot every once in a while (not often thought because I'm 5'5 but I often get a tip). But you sound like a great player and it would be a very interesting match. Well playing anyone on this website would be pretty interesting I think

• miamiHEATBOY23 Legend 376 posts since
    May 21, 2011
    5. Aug 18, 2012 6:48 PM (in response to starplayer102)
    Could you beat me 1v1?

i think i could beat u but it would be a good game. im 13 years old 5'9 135lbs.my no step vertical 38 inches max step 43 inches.i can dunk . i have hops and i can shoot from any where.very explosive and quick .can block shots with my hops and get steals with my quickness.need to work on my post game and on ball defence and u would past me but i can recover with my speed and hops to block the shot.also i have a great crossover.i still think it would be a good game. some people call me kd

Great players are great leaders.Miamiheatboy

• PowerDribble Amateur 20 posts since
    Aug 23, 2012
    6. Aug 23, 2012 9:30 AM (in response to starplayer102)
    Could you beat me 1v1?

Game Time,

• MichaelK121 Amateur 10 posts since
    Mar 17, 2012
    7. Aug 23, 2012 11:05 AM (in response to starplayer102)
    Could you beat me 1v1?

I would destory you...just kidding no way of finding out until I play you. My pros are that I have a nasty drive with the left hand. I am 16 years old and play with college kids so I have to learn how to take contact and get into the paint. My ball handling is decent but still working on that. I have a huge hang time never tried to dunk but my hang time is insane. Shooting wise if you give me space in the ?perimeter I would take it with no hesitation. Cant give me too many shots are I start going on a streak.

Cons: I cant shoot threes... I suck so bad at it bottom line. My shooting is sketchy by that I mean in order to hit shots oftern I need to fit at least 2. Its a mental thing but if you play good d and make me take difficult shots its going to be hard for me.

You said ur 13 and Im 17 but Im 5"11 and 145 pounds so I dont think it would make much of a difference. I love contact so if your going to be driving better bring your best and vice versa playing d you better be ready to take a charge. Hopefully one day we could play and really find out.

• DaReaLK Amateur 33 posts since
    Jun 14, 2012
    8. Aug 26, 2012 9:59 PM (in response to starplayer102)
    Could you beat me 1v1?

I Dont KnoW but You Sound Commited To the Game Im Up For the Challenge Tho..............Im 14....5'10" SF Im Right Handed But Shoot Left HAnded And Dribble With Both (now) My Defense Is wayy Better Than My offense Im A kobe and D wade type of player i mostly Shoot off the ball fades and A great rebounder i like to use my left hand to creat distractions while i dribble.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...