Skip navigation

769 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2012 2:09 PM by Frank_B RSS
Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
May 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 18, 2012 12:10 PM

LL JUNIORS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME---TODAY!

Just got thru watching the subject game. What a game!  If any of you guys watched the game on TV----would sure like to see some postings.  The game appeared to have "more than the usual happenings"....for example: extra inning, tied 10-10... "hidden ball trick" attempt by Florida with a runner at 3rd for home team Aruba. UMP ruled no harm no foul.

Aruba manager, with time granted, wanted a "balk" called on the Florida pitcher that would of allowed his R3 to come home with the championship winning run.---claiming the Florida pitcher was on the rubber when his 3rd baseman, with the ball, made the attempt to tag R3 out.

Umps had to "huddle" on it----and ruled "no balk" was committed.

Florida won in extra innings----for their (amazing) 50th consecutive win this season---going 50 & 0.

Frank!

• Rich_Ives Legend 1,283 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. Aug 18, 2012 12:21 PM (in response to Frank_B)

Time had been called. The pitcher has to be in the rubber with the ball before it can be put back in play. F5 had the ball so the ball wasn't legally put in play so nothing could happen - neither a balk nor a hidden-ball out.

If you're going to run the play - learn how first.

• HugoTafurst Legend 515 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    2. Aug 18, 2012 12:49 PM (in response to Rich_Ives)

Thanks for confirming that

Rich_Ives wrote:

Time had been called. The pitcher has to be in the rubber with the ball before it can be put back in play. F5 had the ball so the ball wasn't legally put in play so nothing could happen - neither a balk nor a hidden-ball out.

If you're going to run the play - learn how first.

I wasn't paying 100% attention, but that was my suspicion.

Although it seamed the heads were more concerned with whether or not he was in contact with the rubber.....

I'm about to go watch it at a DVR party (these guys had to work and couldn't see the game), I'll try to pick it up.

In the mean time, think I can make a wager?

oops

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...