Skip navigation

1492 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2012 7:32 AM by PowerDribble
pointguard4 Rookie 3 posts since
Dec 13, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 14, 2012 7:41 AM

need help!!!!

ok in my school theres this boy hes taller than me and he can play ball and some couple other guys on our team tooo they are way better then me , i suck at bball but how can i be better then them and in basketball note: i get nervous too so . any advice? im going to high school mite do summer ball there too.also they also say that i suck so i really need help to improve my game. i wann be the best out there, and neep help in my shooting, ball movement and handles

• Kzai01 Amateur 30 posts since
    Oct 26, 2011
    1. May 14, 2012 5:49 PM (in response to pointguard4)
    need help!!!!

practice, practice, and more practice. You can't just hope to get better  u got to make it happen. I used to be nervous just like u and still am  today, but i am coping with it by playing with ball players better than  me, I may suck a game here and a game there but I know I'm getting better cause I am playing with the best.  Some times I ask myself why I even bother the odds are against, i'm short, and i have no standout talent. but I forget all that when  i remember where i used to be, and i know no one can match  the  amount of  effort and love I have in this game. So  keep your head up and make sure u have a mental toughness cause u gonna  have a  lot of faliures, but its  all good in order to suceed u have to  fail.

• Rebound23 Pro 99 posts since
    Mar 16, 2012
    2. May 26, 2012 9:55 PM (in response to pointguard4)
    need help!!!!

I agree with Kzai. Playing with players better than you will make you much better! I was real bad at ball in 7th grade but then I took a trip to the Philippines to visit family. My cousins were great basketball players so after a month of playing with them I went into grade 8 and I was a whole lot better! Also never give up. Keep your goal in mind. If your not athletic enough, work out. If your not fast or can't last as long, start running. If your moves ain't working, make new ones. and don't worry about height! I play against guys 6 inches taller than me and do just fine! (I'm pretty short 5'5) I hope that you show those guys up. Team mates are supposed to support you to make you a better player. Best of luck!

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    3. May 26, 2012 11:12 PM (in response to pointguard4)
    need help!!!!

Hey man , size plays a part in basketball, but it isn't everything.!

We can't help you improve your game, but YOU can . Just get a ball, find some space, and practice . Practice dribbling, getting comfortable with both hands, then develop a crossover.

Get a go to move where you can create space and get a shot off. Don't worry about opinions. Going through failure time and time again will make you a better player. Everybody goes through pain and struggle to reach success.

Don't worry about them . Ask your coach too during summer ball what to work on if you make the team. Because he controls your playing time on the team and what you need to work on to play for the team, not the "great" players.

• PowerDribble Amateur 20 posts since
    Aug 23, 2012
    4. Aug 23, 2012 7:32 AM (in response to pointguard4)
    need help!!!!

I have used this on a few of my players and has worked great. Really works the fundamentals of handles. You can read up on it and check it out at www.powerdribble.com .

Hope it helps.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points