Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1473 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 23, 2012 1:55 PM by Jasko123 RSS
blriber Rookie 3 posts since
Jan 8, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 23, 2012 10:44 AM

Dog 5k Record

Does anyone know if there is an official record of the fastest man and dog 5k? Or any race for that matter?

I have a German Shorthaired Pointer that is ready to take on any challengers if her owner wasn't so lazy

Blake

• Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 23, 2012 1:55 PM (in response to blriber)
    Dog 5k Record

Blake,

There are individual state 5k records for specific events, so just search in your area or nearby locations for the most popular opportunities.  The overall record previously was a former Olympic runner (Ian Dobson with his Australian cattle dog and finishing time of 15:45) but that was back in 2010, so I do not know if that is still the top listing. 

Active has some good suggestions for these type of events across the country called 10 races to run with your dog.  Also, look for "Bark in the Park" events...those are always a great bet for the type of activity you are interested in. 

P.S....remember to train well with your Pointer and make sure she is accustomed to many other dogs.  I have a dalmation/springer spanial mix.  She is a great runner, but gets easily distracted in the herd. 

Wishing you all the best..it is a very rewarding venture. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...