Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

639 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 25, 2012 10:46 AM by Zeke351
Susurrus Rookie 1 posts since
Jan 17, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 24, 2012 4:47 PM

C25K Completion looking for what is next...

Hello Folks!

I started the C25K program in January, and completed the official program 11 weeks later (I re-did two of the weeks because I wasn't ready to move on). That means I have been running a 5k, 3 days a week ever since. I have improved some, from 10:05 splits to 8:45 splits, but I am getting bored with doing the same thing week in and week out.

So I am coming here looking for ideas. I have thought about going to 6K, but it seems like more of the same. I feel like I need a new goal. As I was perusing the boards today I noticed people talking about 5K racing training, but I am doing this for general fitness, not to be a competitive racer. On that note, I also have lost ~20lbs, but I seem to have hit a plateau there and any advice on that topic would be welcome as well, concerning running for weight loss.

I appreciate any comments or feedback.

Keith

• Zeke351 Amateur 15 posts since
    Jul 14, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 25, 2012 10:46 AM (in response to Susurrus)
    C25K Completion looking for what is next...

Hi Susurrus,

I just completed C25K today so I can't say I am bored with it yet.  However looking at the future I see my self also doing trail running eventually to keep it interesting.  I still have a lot of weight to lose so I will stay on the roads a little longer and see where they take me.  Have you looked at 10Ks?  Training for those will also help with 5k's too.

Congrats on keeping with the running and the weight loss.

Zeke

Zeke

http://zekerunning.wordpress.com/

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...