Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

14095 Views 192 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2007 7:16 AM by txshell RSS 1 2 3 ... 13 Previous Next
originalsuds Rookie 272 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 8, 2007 4:18 AM

Running Moms and Dads, Wednesday

Good morning fellow runners!
Today was just an easy 4 miles leaving me time for some crunches and then catching up on yesterday's thread.
Nice to see Tony posting again.
I also saw my name with the time 3:35 posted next to it. That is what it would take to BQ, not the time I plan on finishing in. I will be happy to place at 4 hours. (Although the faster you finish, the sooner you can party.)
Anyway, time to hit the shower. Talk to you later.

----

I am what I am because I do what I do.
My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• Kathy D027 Rookie 16 posts since
    Sep 25, 2006
    1. Aug 8, 2007 5:09 AM (in response to originalsuds)
    Re: Running Moms and Dads, Wednesday

Good Morning Everyone!!  No time to run this am, gotta get to work really early.  Will get 3 in tonight though.

OS - Have a great day!!

• IEatHills4Meals Rookie 506 posts since
    Nov 21, 2007
    2. Aug 8, 2007 5:12 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Up and getting ready to my nordic walking from 6 to 9am, whatever I can get within those 3 hours will be considered today's "lsd". oh well...

Then I have my docs appt at 10am.
    It is supposed to be 101 here today, so it should be fun already out there... lights, please, so I can get going.

SUDS - I have no doubt that you are ready to BQ. My fear is that there will be no beer left for me... but that's ok, we can find some more until the rest of the day to celebrate.

QOD (non-running related): What would you do? DD's B-day is on the 30th. Would you schedule the surgery for before or after IF you had a choice?

Nov 21, 2007
    3. Aug 8, 2007 5:18 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Kathy - Good morning! Rushing to get over the hump? Have a great day! I hope you have a great 3 tonight.

Nov 21, 2007
    5. Aug 8, 2007 5:38 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Tks Suds, good call! I like that idea!

Dang! It's 6am and already 80* out!!! 88% humidity. Yucky! It's still dark, but I will get going... there should be more people out on the streets already.

Later!

• LEEMBO34 Rookie 99 posts since
    Apr 13, 2006
    6. Aug 8, 2007 5:41 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Morning all!

I got my 3 in after my visit with my sister last night
    tonight will be some cross training.

suds- good morning. your a speedy runner there is no
    doubt you will do great.

kathy- Have a great day at work.

ty- hey there. Enjoy your walk. I would have the b-day
    before the surgery too. !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

ok have to start working I guess.

Have a good one.

• fit45 Rookie 123 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    7. Aug 8, 2007 6:04 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Morning Suds, Kathy, Ty, Leembo!

Suds, you are FAST. Don't rule out a BQ time!

Ty, you've really taken to the Nordic walking. I'm glad it's not irritating your hip!

Lee, good for you, getting your run in last night!

Kathy, have a great day!

We're in the same heat wave as Ty (and Alemma and Batmomm and Jeanne and probably a bunch of others). It was unpleasant already here this morning when I went out at 4AM. 74 degrees, dewpoint 66, 94% humidity. Actual temp over 100 expected today, with heat index probably around 110. Yuck!

I'm staying home with my kids today, because their daycare has an all-day OUTDOOR field trip scheduled. The daycare staff was trying to persuade the director to cancel the field trip, but so far no dice.

6.5 for me this morning. Not the marathon that Dean Karnazes runs before he feeds his kids breakfast, but not bad!

• karla43 Rookie 76 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    9. Aug 8, 2007 6:18 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Good morning!! Just got out of bed, I will run in about thirty minutes. Sounds like its hot every where now. Hope my legs hold out they are still sore, I am only going to go 3-3.5 this morning. 79* but only 77% humidity.

suds..................you are always so chipper early in the morning. Nice job on the run and crunches.

Kathy..................have a good day at work.

ieathills...............I also say I would do the surgery after her birthday, that way she can enjoy it. Good luck on your decision as to when to have her party! (((/dd))))

LEEMBO..........hope the visit with your sister was a good one. Nice job on the run afterwards.

fit..........wow you were out early!! Its tough to beat the heat right now cause its so warm everywhere.

----

Karla

“Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.”

- Dan Gable

Running Log[/URL" target="_blank">
    My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

MySpace[/URL" target="_blank">

• txshell Rookie 488 posts since
    Jun 26, 2007
    11. Aug 8, 2007 6:45 AM (in response to originalsuds)

good morning people! How is everyone this morning???

Just sitting here with a particularly good cup of coffee...love it when that happens.

Had a pretty good 4 mile tempo last night. Had to wait till after 7:30 because we were under a heat advisory, HOWEVER I got to see some lightning bugs so that a treat. Will probably run really slow at lunch today.

on to shout outs...

Morning OS...good running...damn it forgot to do my crunches yesterday.

Kathy...have a good 3

Ty...have a good walk...hmmmm QOD...I wouldn't wait to have the surgery...those things can go bad quickly

Morning Lee...glad you had a nice visit and a good run

Lynette...good run...funny joke about DK HAHA

Karla...make sure you go nice and slow...(this coming from someone who never listens to that advice unless her legs give her no choice...I'm learning! )

LESSON OF THE DAY KIDDOS

If you feel sick and then better and then sick and then better...take a break and GO TO THE DOCTOR! A friend of mine was just diagnosed with

WALKING PNEUMONIA

I don't want there to be any Running Mom and Dads funeral until we're ANCIENT...

DO YOU GUYS HEAR ME???

----

I AM SUPERGIRL! ROCK THE CASBAH!
    My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• txshell Rookie 488 posts since
    Jun 26, 2007
    12. Aug 8, 2007 6:53 AM (in response to originalsuds)

ok...i'm off my soap box and heading for work

• Amandamom24 Rookie 8 posts since
    Aug 8, 2005
    14. Aug 8, 2007 7:08 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Good morning! Just got back from an easy 3 miles.  I had no pain in my foot! Yippee!   The heat and humidity out there is terrible.

Ty: We had our daughter's tonsils out after her birthday last year. It worked out well, because she did have all of her new toys to play with. Good luck with your decision!

OS: How do you do it? How do you get out there so early and get those runs in? Good job!

fit: I can't believe the daycare wouldn't cancel an outdoor field trip in this heat. Probably a good call to keep the kids home.

shell:  OK. OK...  you might persuade me to go to the doctor...I've had a cough all summer!

1 2 3 ... 13 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...