Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

12526 Views 176 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2007 12:17 AM by jeans541 1 2 3 ... 12 Previous Next
originalsuds Rookie 272 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 10, 2007 5:12 AM

Running Moms and Dads, FRIDAY!

Well, I'm off to work. No run today, just weights.
Talk to you all later.

----

Train like you mean it, race like you want it and party when you get it!
My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• Tripacer Rookie 68 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Dec 21, 2007 8:53 PM (in response to originalsuds)
    Re: Running Moms and Dads, FRIDAY!

Hi Paul.  No run for me today.  Did Chest weights at midnight and just finished doing heavy bag boxing.  The other day was the run from hell.  I did 6 miles in scorching heat.  Wasn't worried about my pace because of the heat, but did it in 1hr and 2 min.  Couldn't run in the morning because of thunderstorms.  So I decided to do it at 6pm when my daughter was at gymnastics.  Good thing I bought that Camel back.  Good day all.

[http://This message has been edited by Tripacer (edited Aug-10-2007).|http://This message has been edited by Tripacer (edited Aug-10-2007).]

• IEatHills4Meals Rookie 506 posts since
    Nov 21, 2007
    2. Aug 10, 2007 5:42 AM (in response to originalsuds)

I am going to the gym to run on the DDM. Not sure of what to expect. As usual, the swimsuit is the the gym bag, just in case I need to finish my run in the pool...

Hi Suds - good workout.

Tri - yup, running in the heat is fun...

Ron - hope you got home quickly and safe.

Good runs to all.

• batmomm Rookie 87 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Aug 10, 2007 5:50 AM (in response to originalsuds)

morning crew!!  I'm off for 14 but I"m really, really tired!! waaaaaahhhhh! 

morning suds! Enjoy the rest day.

Tri-I had that same run from hell the other day, really wastes you. thank god for water !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

Ty-good luck girl. I hope you run your *** off!!

----

"Ever notice how it's always runners who find dead bodies?...

In fact, if it weren't for runners, you wonder how many of these crimes would ever get solved. Better lace 'em up. Because someone, somewhere is missing. So do your civic duty.

Run like an animal.

"

click here to add your running event[/URL" target="_blank">

Nov 21, 2007
    4. Aug 10, 2007 6:04 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Hey Gaela, quit whining!!! Get your a$$ out there and kick those miles in!  your numbers are getting up there, huh... you will smoke that thing in Richmond...

• Alemma Rookie 190 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Aug 10, 2007 6:34 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Batmomm - I don't know if you saw my post last night, but I picked up your race packet.

GM OS, Tripacer, and Ty

Ty - Good luck on your run.

Batmomm - Good luck on your LSD.

----

Alemma[/URL" target="_blank">

MySpace[/URL" target="_blank">

• LEEMBO34 Rookie 99 posts since
    Apr 13, 2006
    7. Aug 10, 2007 6:42 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Hi All!

I'm soooooo sore from last nights run oh man
    I am stupid to increase the miles to fast !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/frown.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/frown.gif|border=0!
    I was moaning and groaning through the night my planter
    fasitis was acting up and I couldnt sleep so I took
    a sleep aide hence the reason for me being late to work
    again oooops!

Hi
    suds,tripace

ty- Good luck with your run today.
    batmom- you can do it!
    alemma- good morning.

Have a good day everyone!

Nov 21, 2007
    8. Aug 10, 2007 6:44 AM (in response to originalsuds)

ok, TY, so let's stay calm now and try an assessment.

Andi - when you had the SF, you didn't have pain walking or doing other things besides running. I know your case was the foot, but how bad was it when you were not running.

KittyKat, if you are around, same thing?

Now, I can barely walk. I was pain free this morning when I got to the gym. Hopped on the TM at 4.0 mpw (yes, that slow). Zero pain until 1/2 mile and suddenly a burst of pain, so unbearable that (obviously after stopping)  I had to wait to be able to walk. I limped to the locker room, to the car and upstairs when I got home. I am waiting for the clinic to open to call my doctor. I think I might have a SF. Inputs appreciated. 

• fit45 Rookie 123 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    9. Aug 10, 2007 6:51 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Morning Paul, Tri, Ty, Gaela, and Alemma!

Gaela -- Wow! 14 in this soup today and then the Mud Run tomorrow. You go!

Ty -- Good luck with your run today. Here's hoping the hip cooperates and everything feels great!

Paul, Tri, & Alemma -- Have a great day!

In answer to last night's question: Yes, I did get the books. It turns out the storm drain has a flat ledge that extends back about 18" from the opening, so they stopped on the ledge. I was laughing about the whole thing before I got back to my office.

An easy 3.4 for me this morning. 76 degrees, 92% humidity; 15:48mm 128AHR -- my 'fastest' MAF in this awful weather, and that's with AF, too!

My car's outdoor temperature sensor went as high as 109 yesterday; my digital thermometer at home (sensor's in the shade) maxed at 105.8. Either way, it was pretty darn hot here! It clouded up around 4:30, sky got dark and rumbled big thunder -- it actually SMELLED like fresh rain, but not a single drop fell before the sun came back out to bake us some more. We're looking for a 'cool front' this weekend, with highs only in the low 90's.

• fit45 Rookie 123 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    10. Dec 21, 2007 8:53 PM (in response to originalsuds)

OMG, poor Ty! I was posting at the same time, so I didn't see that you were already back. I am so sorry about your experience this morning and your pain! ((((((((TY)))))))))

Lee -- Good morning! Hope you're feeling better soon!

[http://This message has been edited by fit45 (edited Aug-10-2007).|http://This message has been edited by fit45 (edited Aug-10-2007).]

• LEEMBO34 Rookie 99 posts since
    Apr 13, 2006
    12. Aug 10, 2007 6:59 AM (in response to originalsuds)

ty- I wish a had the answers for you 
    (((healing Vibes))))))))

fit- good morning.

• AndiD Rookie 107 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    13. Aug 10, 2007 7:00 AM (in response to originalsuds)

I just got in from my run, but before I attempt any shoutouts -

Ty - I don't know how helpful I will be, but I will try. I never had any real pain - more of a dull ache, but the doc said it never actually fractured in my case since I caught it so early. The day after my HM my foot felt achey along the outside between my baby toe and ankle. I thought it was a like a strain or something from having the chip in my laces. After a couple of days off I ran a really slow week and by the end of the week my foot really ached a lot so I stopped running. Like I said, I never had any real, excruciating pain. I am sending you my healing vibes and am praying it is not a sf. ((((((TY))))))

KKR might be more helpful!

Nov 21, 2007
    14. Aug 10, 2007 7:06 AM (in response to originalsuds)

I am sure I need an MRI... I just don't know how long it will take to schedule one. The clinic I go to is run by the doc who treats the Hurricanes. He is hard to get to, but if my doc is not there, DH might be able to pull some strings and get me to see him. At this point, I'll see anybody who gets me the order for the test.
    I have ice on it right now and DH will take me to the doc cuz I don't think I can drive...
    Suds  I wish I could be more hopeful at this point, but this is the worst I've ever been in terms of injury... I am so scared...

1 2 3 ... 12 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...