Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5848 Views 22 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2012 12:39 PM by Jasko123 Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • BigSlade Amateur 36 posts since
    May 4, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Aug 15, 2012 7:28 AM (in response to Jasko123)
    Dress Code for Runners in Races?

I guess the risque attire thing hasn't made it to the Midwest yet.  The last race I ran in April I didn't see anything offensive.  Several guys ran without their shirts for part of it, and there were a couple ladies that were just wearing a sports bra.  Definitely nothing more revealing than what one would see at a beach or pool.  I don't want to see the guys wearing the overly short running shorts and potentially exposing themselves to everyone else, nor do I want to see a lady or a man wearing clothes that are way too small or show off the love handles or fat rolls. But policing a dress code for a run would have it's difficulties.

• Avatar4Stefan Amateur 10 posts since
    Nov 9, 2007
    16. Aug 24, 2012 12:37 PM (in response to Jasko123)

Folks,

seriously, if you have carbs left in your brain to care what other people wear, you are just not running hard enough.

Get a grip ;-)

Stefan

• Old Coyote Legend 256 posts since
    Apr 9, 2011
    18. Sep 3, 2012 6:13 PM (in response to Jasko123)

lol, Stefan.

I ask that the twig and berries be covered, that's all. Most racers I see wearing very little have very athletic bodies, and I think it's like looking at sculpture. If you're comfortable with how you look, then wear it.  Like I said - just keep the boys out of view. Oh, and hairy backs. Wear a shirt, or wax it, man!

I usually wear a shirt because wicking material really does keep me cooler than bare skin, but to each his/her own.

• Urbster Legend 760 posts since
    May 27, 2008
    19. Sep 4, 2012 6:51 PM (in response to Jasko123)

This so bugs me out way too much.  I dont even like running skirts and I know that is crazy.  Seeing a sports bra girl and a shirtless guy I shudder and wanna puke

• deanscox Pro 107 posts since
    Jan 3, 2012
    20. Oct 22, 2012 9:07 PM (in response to Jasko123)

REALLY?  Who cares....even remotely?

• 64spokes Pro 60 posts since
    Apr 24, 2009
    21. Oct 24, 2012 10:25 AM (in response to Jasko123)

We don't have the right to not be offended.  If what somene else is or is not wearing isn't harming me, then I don't see how it should be my business to tell someone else what to wear.  Any standard we dictate will be simply relative.  What is today considered modest in America would be scandelous by Victorian or Taliban standards.  So how much do we need to cover up to reverse our 'moral decay'?

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points