Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

11617 Views 52 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 9:26 AM by KFish33 Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Thea Hartman Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 6, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Sep 2, 2012 7:36 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

1. What Week/Day are you on?Week 3 Day1.  But I am repeating week 1 of the program as often as needed, per my doc.

2. How do you feel? Energized

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? yes.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? no

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? I think I'm sleeping better.

• CA_grl_4evr Rookie 12 posts since
    May 10, 2009
    46. Sep 3, 2012 3:31 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

1.What week/day are you on? I'm on W2D3

2. How do you feel? it was heard but i stuck it out and got'er done! whew!!

Have you had to repeat a week or day? oh yeah. I repeated W1 I probubly wil repeat this week too.may be just 1 or 2 days we'll see.

3 Did you add time or remove time from your runs? No

4.Do you notice something different about yourself yet? oh definitely.well I have more energy. My mornings don't drag on. I try to get to the gym/outside early because I know I'm going to feel great after and it makes my day flow a lot better. and I sleep better too.This is my third time tring this program (couch to 5k) which it on my I-Pod. third times a charm huh? lol I'm going to stick to it this time!! I'm even going to run on my Birthday (09/04) damit! lol

• Jennyburgsita Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 5, 2012
    47. Sep 5, 2012 8:10 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

I am on W2D3

I feel great!

Yes, my husband and I have repeated week 2

We have increased our pace/distance with each run.

I definitely notice that my clothes are bigger in the waist.

• Runninsister Rookie 3 posts since
    Sep 5, 2012
    48. Sep 5, 2012 8:29 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

1. What Week/Day are you on? I'm on W1/D3

2. How do you feel? I feel a little sore, but I'm resting today.  I usually walk everyday, but now since I'm running I need to rest between days.  Just need to allow my body to build up strength and these old bones need rest. Haha

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day? No, but if I have to I will.  I'm in it for the long haul. Just so glad to be able to move. 

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?Neither

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet? Yes, I've got more energy during the rest of my day and I'm sleeping better at night.  On the other hand, I'm not losing the weight I was while walking.  Don't know if it's because of muscle increase or that I'm not eating enough food. I'm on a sugar free eating plan to help my husband lower his blood sugar.  So haven't had any pasta, beans or potatoes in about a month.  But we do get carbs from vegetables.  Any advice is welcomed. 

• DogCrazy1966 Amateur 38 posts since
    Jun 8, 2009
    49. Sep 8, 2012 5:07 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

1. What Week/Day are you on?  I just tried W6D1

2. How do you feel?  Wasn't feeling it today, I should have just gone outside instead of trying my treadmill in my garage one more time.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?  Well, I'm going to repeat this day. 

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?  Not yet.

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?  I'm starting to maybe feel like a runner.  I'm just going to go outdoors, and to heck with that treadmill in my garage.  I do great at the gym (much wider, more modern treadmill), and did fine on the first weeks in my garage but now it's too narrow and is frustrating.  I'm grabbing the pooch and hitting the road.

• DogCrazy1966 Amateur 38 posts since
    Jun 8, 2009
    50. Sep 13, 2012 10:10 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

1. What Week/Day are you on?  Just finished W6D2

2. How do you feel?  I had a good run this morning.

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?  Yes, twice.  I got frustrated with the treadmill and took it outdoors.  Absolutely no regrets there.

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs?  Not yet. 

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?  I'm enjoying myself more.  My legs are getting so much more toned.  I really, really love running outdoors as opposed to the treadmill at the gym.  I'm so glad the weather is permitting now.  It's still plenty hot here, but not so oppressive as during the peak of summer.

• macca14 Amateur 17 posts since
    Sep 23, 2010
    51. Sep 15, 2012 3:16 PM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

Finished the C25K yesterday. I repeated week 7 because I just didn;t feel like I was finishing the time strong enough, other than that followed the program as written. Then week 8 was easy.

Going from struggling to run for 3 minutes to over 30 minutes in such a short period of time is amazing. I am hooked on running now and am going to continue with the C10K program to build up to an hour of running and who knows where I will end up after that.

I didn;t change my diet at all during this period and lost 4.5 kg from the increased activity levels, so that was a unexpected benefit for me.

For those who just starting out, keep at it and repeat a week or workout when you need to. Consistency is the key, you will get there.

• KFish33 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 18, 2012
    52. Sep 18, 2012 9:26 AM (in response to 1to1)
    C25K - August, 2012

Hi everyone!  I'm new to running and am suprised that I've been able to stick with it so far!  I think part of it is because I signed up with a friend of mine to do a 5k on October 27th (she used to run, but hasn't done it for quite some time).  Even if I have to walk part of it, I'M GOING TO FINISH! 

1. What Week/Day are you on?  W3D2

2. How do you feel?  I have assorted aches and pains, but am so proud of myself for making it this far!

3. Have you had to repeat a week or day?  I've had to repeat every week once so far (so in reality, I've been doing it for going on 6 weeks now)

4. Did you add time or remove time from one of your runs? I try to stay working out for at least 45 minutes per session, so after doing the C25K portion, I spend the rest of the time doing a brisk walk. 

5. Do you notice something different about yourself yet?  Much more definition and muscle tone in my legs.  It's crazy!

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links