Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

12354 Views 176 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2007 12:17 AM by jeans541 Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Previous Next
  • karla43 Rookie 76 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Aug 10, 2007 8:06 AM (in response to originalsuds)
    Re: Running Moms and Dads, FRIDAY!

Good morning!! Today is a schedule rest day for me!! I am taking DD#2 to the track very soon so she can run her mile, it is getting easier for her finally.

suds..........hope you are having a good day at work.

tripacer........lately many run have been runs from hell in this heat!! Take it easy out there.

TY...........I am of no help, just sending many healing vibes!!!!!!!

batmomm.........you are probably still running your 14, hope its going good.

Alemma.............good morning!!!! Have a super friday!!

LEEMBO............sounds like you had a rough night, hope you are feeling some what better now!!!

fit.........funny story about the library books!! Glad it had a good ending or it could have been expensive.

Abb...........wow 48 laps, swimming is just something I never really have liked to do!! I admire people that can swim like that. A tri, wow thats ambitious!!! My DH used to do them many moons ago.

Andi........nice bike ride!! I know its had to hold back!!!

sisu..........good morning!! Hope your kiddo is ok!! Enjoy the rest today!

MFarr............I feel your pain, I have to go to the grocery today also. I don't mind the shopping its the putting away when I get back home. I know that sounds lazy!!

NBJunkie...........thats a bummer about the computer!! Take care of your back, that kind of pain is no fun!!

Jeane............so sorry about the tummy and foot. Sounds like a vacation is what you need. Hope you are feeling better this morning. Where are you going on vacation?

----

Karla

“Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.”

- Dan Gable

Running Log[/URL" target="_blank">
    My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

MySpace[/URL" target="_blank">

• runningforfreedom Amateur 163 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    31. Aug 10, 2007 8:14 AM (in response to originalsuds)

GM People,

Not sure if I'll run or rest today... I'm just too tired right now to figure it out.

((((((((((((TY)))))))))))) Hope you get some info fast... That suck bigtime... sorry.

okay that's all I can remember... I was out very late at band practice... it's sounding pretty darn good... we're almost ready for some 4hr gigs.  Got a 3 hr one next sunday anyway.

----

myspace[/URL" target="_blank">
    Higher Chakra Jewlery[/URL" target="_blank">

I run trails in skirts!!!!!

• Jeanne015 Rookie 64 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    32. Aug 10, 2007 8:16 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Ty- I'm so gald they're fitting you in!!!! 

Karla- we're going to Rehoboth Beach De. It's our first vacation without friends or family since our honeymoon.

Okay off to get ready for the kids dentist appts.

• karla43 Rookie 76 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    33. Aug 10, 2007 8:22 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Jeane.........wow then it is a well deserved vacation. Have tons of fun!!!

----

Karla

“Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.”

- Dan Gable

Running Log[/URL" target="_blank">
    My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

MySpace[/URL" target="_blank">

• IEatHills4Meals Rookie 506 posts since
    Nov 21, 2007
    34. Aug 10, 2007 8:23 AM (in response to originalsuds)

I am in for 3:15. I wish I had some sleeping pills to sleep until then. I am so nervous and scared. I can't stop crying just to think that it might be bad... I really hope I am overreacting...

My doc is off today, so I am seeing the Hurricane's doc. His assistant just called me to get my description of the problem in addition to the chart they have.

I think I am going to the book store across the street to find an ultra book...

Nov 21, 2007
    35. Aug 10, 2007 8:34 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Sisu - I posted both my e-mail addresses. I prefer the yahoo one. Let me know how your foot/shoe ordeal is going...

• Abb94 Rookie 173 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    36. Aug 10, 2007 8:46 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Ooops. I meant 48 LENGTHS. That's only 24 laps.  Still, I swam for 45 minutes, so that's good.
    I would never be ready for a tri this fall. I just started riding a bike outside last week and I still suck at swimming, It would be next year sometime.

(((((((TY))))))))

Amber - Take care of yourself!!!

Hey, hey Karla!

I'm in The Local again (it's our coffee shop and by far the coolest hang out in this town) waiting for my meeting to start. It's about 2 blocks away. I should be in the office right now... but screw it. This is more fun.

Later, peeps!!!!

• Amandamom24 Rookie 8 posts since
    Aug 8, 2005
    37. Aug 10, 2007 8:49 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Eeek! I over slept this morning and I'm not sure I'll get a run in at all I have so much to do! We are leaving later today and will be gone for a week.

Ty, I'm so sorry for your pain but I'm so glad they were able to fit you in!!

Have a good weekend!

• jbrindamour Rookie 171 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    38. Dec 21, 2007 8:53 PM (in response to originalsuds)

(((((((((Ty)))))))))))  Sorry about your injuries.......

Morning everyone.

Hey Batmom, you're probably done with your 14 and lounging right now. Hope it went well

Jeanne, enjoy your vacation!

Abb, you are becoming a regular multi-sport athlete!

Last night it was almost, dare I say it, cool here, only about 70 degrees with light rain. I headed out with DD10s on their bikes to the HS track. 1.4 miles there and back for warm up/cooldown. I did 12 laps which I used as a MAF test. Ran near max for the 12 and averaged 10:55 for each 4 laps. The girls were great. I had checked the radar before we left and it looked like the rain was pretty much gone, but of course it started sprinkling right as we left the house and rained the whole time. They hid under the bleachers, read their books and played house. About 2 laps into my run they are both out on the track, Molly with blood streaming down an old wound below her knee. I assessed the situation with my vast medical experience and determined she would live. It was raining and I wasn't going to sacrifice a nice head sweat for her leg, so I just wiped off the blood with a wet hand, they laughed about it, and I sent them back to their bleacher hideout. I find it remarkable that they seem to enjoy themselves while most kids would be bored stiff, especially in the rain. But they had a good time and I got my 5.8 miles in. Of course they drank 3/4 of my gatorade but its all good. They're the best kids a dad could ask for.

[http://This message has been edited by ClydesJohn (edited Aug-10-2007).|http://This message has been edited by ClydesJohn (edited Aug-10-2007).]

• jeans541 Rookie 73 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    39. Aug 10, 2007 10:28 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Good morning!

DH is at Cubscout camp with ds8, so I am in major slacker mode today!  Kids are running wild and still in pj's.  It's hot and muggy still, so maybe it is for the best that I can't run outside today.  We'll have to get out to the gym at some point today for me to run 4 miles.  Maybe laterI'm enjoying my coffee extra strong this morning (DH says my coffee will take the enamel off his teeth.  sissy.   )<br /><br />gm Sudshave a good day at work

Triwtg on your 6m scorcher.  <br /><br />((((Ty))))  I am so sorry to hear you are hurting again!  Let us know how your appt. goes today.  LOL a little about the irony of picking up a book on ultras to read while waiting for your appt.  I'd do the same thing!  Did you see that there is a new Badwater movie coming out in Sept?  I think it's called "The Distance of Truth"  <a href="http://www.thedistanceoftruth.com" target="_blank">www.thedistanceoftruth.com[/URL" target="_blank"><br /><br />Batmommhope you had a great 14

gm Alemma!

Leehope you are feeling better now.  I think we've all been there, done that with the mileage increase and can sympathize.  ((lee))<br /><br />fitwtg on the fast Maf run!     I loved your story yesterday, too.

gm AndiYay for 2 running days in a row!<br /><br />Abbwtg on the swimming!

Mfarrgood luck with your run and shopping.  I need to do both of those today, too!<br /><br />SisuI hope you can get something arranged for the kids so you can run.  I think I have to postpone my run until Sunday when DH is back.  I really hate messing with my schedule!

Amber!!!!  Quit hurting yourself!     Have a nice and gentle 4 today!

Jeannesorry about the swollen foot!  Good luck with all you need to do today and have a wonderful vacation!<br /><br />Karlaenjoy the rest day!

RFFyou know you want to run!<br /><br />Amandamomhave a good vacation!  Where are you guys going?

CJ--I love reading your run reports. Sounds like you have great (and thirsty) kids!

hope I didn't miss anyone!  Better go get ready for the gym.  sigh

Nov 21, 2007
    40. Aug 10, 2007 10:36 AM (in response to originalsuds)

jeans - yeah... I think dreaming is always a good way to cope with injuries... I did see the trailer and it looks like it will be a must have. I need to buy Badwater... haven't done it yet...

Nov 21, 2007
    41. Aug 10, 2007 10:44 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Hey Ron, look what I found. The qualifying process follows pretty much the same standards required for Badwater. The nice thing is that either racing/pacing/crewing at one of them will help in the application process for the other. I guess 5 years is plenty of time to build up a nice resume...
    http://www.brazil135.com.br/[/URL" target="_blank">

• AndiD Rookie 107 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    42. Aug 10, 2007 10:52 AM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by IEatHills4Meals:

Hey Ron, look what I found. The qualifying process follows pretty much the same standards required for Badwater. The nice thing is that either racing/pacing/crewing at one of them will help in the application process for the other. I guess 5 years is plenty of time to build up a nice resume...

Ty - My Spanish is rusty and I never learned Portuguese - but holy $h1t that sounds difficult.  135 miles - 10km of elevation - WOW!!!

Nov 21, 2007
    43. Aug 10, 2007 10:52 AM (in response to originalsuds)

Everybody tks for the good wishes and healing vibes.

CJ - you are too funny. tks for the laugh. I needed it.

Nov 21, 2007
    44. Aug 10, 2007 11:00 AM (in response to originalsuds)

You can click on "english" right below the logo on the top left hand side of the page...

yup, doesn't it look fun? now try to do that in the desert...lol 130F  That's Badwater... 

www.badwater.com[/URL" target="_blank">

1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...