Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

478 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2012 3:05 PM by Rich in NH RSS
xc29min Amateur 15 posts since
Dec 26, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 5, 2012 5:04 PM

Lateral Meniscus?

Hi - Just a short update.  Well, looks like I acquired a sore knee from a difficult trek/trail run.  Its only been a few days and my knee feels pretty good!  Good enough where in my younger running days I would have been out there running already.  Nowadays, I wait.  I'll take another week off and rest it, ice it, and do some stretches.  I'll get back with it next week.  I'll stay on flat courses for a while too.  I'm just happy this was not a serious injury.  It is truly amazing that I still get so much out of running.

"Peace" Long May You Run

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    1. Sep 5, 2012 5:28 PM (in response to xc29min)
    Lateral Meniscus?

xc,

I bet you could start back today if you ran real slow on a nice level track, as I do.

I am doing a lot more mileage these days than I thought I could, thanks to inspiration from Rich in NH and the others here.

A couple weeks ago, I did a total of 7 miles and Rich did 70 miles--ten times my mileage. Last week he only ran two and a half times my mileage.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    3. Sep 6, 2012 3:05 PM (in response to xc29min)
    Lateral Meniscus?

I've been running around 70 miles a week in an effort to qualify for Boston.  I've never specifically trained to run a marathon that fast, but have run marathons in the past without getting closer than 11 minutes of my qualifying time.

With times that far off, I knew going into this training cycle I'd have to train harder than in the past, hence the increase in miles.  My goal marathon is just over 3 weeks away, so my high mileage is finally winding down.

And I think it's neat D.H. has raised his own bar just a bit, it's what makes us better runners.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...