Skip navigation

1056 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2012 7:52 AM by adanny14 RSS
KevinR25isballin Rookie 4 posts since
Sep 2, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 18, 2012 6:54 PM

Help !

Hi guys,

Im in 8th grade im 6 foot tall. I have a problem see I made this travel team but im pretty sure its because im tall and athletic. I cant score at all i go into practice thinking im going to be great but as soon as i get in this scrimmages I just cant score. I can pass, but when the ball is passed to me for some reason I just pass it right back to someone else. Please give me some tips on how I can boost my confidence. When im warming up im making every shot and going game speed.

I need to improve quick I will not settle for the bench

• futurelegend23 Amateur 26 posts since
    Dec 8, 2011
    1. Sep 19, 2012 8:19 AM (in response to KevinR25isballin)
    Help !

Woah dude we need you on are team! Tallest guy we have is 5'8 haha. Well back to the question. I guess just practice, practice, practice! When you practice more you, improve and that helps covince your mind that you CAN do it! Everybody is always like that when they first join a team. Just relax. When my confidence is down, I look online for good articles. I reccommend http://theunguardables.com/. Love the coach and articles there. I also reccommend any articles on here and to read some good books by John Madden and great sports coaches.

• adanny14 Legend 590 posts since
    May 20, 2010
    2. Sep 25, 2012 7:52 AM (in response to KevinR25isballin)
    Help !

Based on your post, I would say you have the opportunity to become a good scorer. Be confident in yourself. All the practice and shooting that you have done pays off in games. You can't make a shot if you don't take it in the first place. Also, don't be afraid of failure! Because, you WILL miss shots. Everybody has. But take those failures and negatives and learn. We can learn best from our failures. Hope this helps!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points