Skip navigation

3408 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 12:46 PM by NextCP3 RSS
NextCP3 Legend 320 posts since
Apr 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 18, 2012 1:52 PM

I'm tryin out for AAU

I'm tryin out for AAU this fall and it's my 1st year tryin out for it. I'm 5'0 80lbs and play PG. I am a great passer and love to pass since I'm a pass first PG. I am very good with my left hand and can dribble and do good layups with it. Im right handed. I have very good ball handling and lots of coaches tell me that. I have amazing court vision and can see plays in my head before they happen. I am a pretty good shooter but I catch on fire quickly and dont miss from ANYWHERE. I am very quick and have great stamina. Do you think I can make aau????? Theres an A team and a B team. Or give me some tips and drills to do to prepare me for the tryouts.

• futurelegend23 Amateur 26 posts since
    Dec 8, 2011
    1. Sep 18, 2012 2:59 PM (in response to NextCP3)
    I'm tryin out for AAU

Hey bro how old are you? If you are as good as you say, I think you have a very good chance of making the A team. You are kind of small, which is bad if you don't have really good handles.(Not actualy sure because I don't know what age you are) At a tryout make sure to go 110% all practice long. Hustle, hustle, hustle! Coaches really look for a player who looks like he cares. They also want to see some lock down defense. Be first on the suicides, go as hard as you can in the dribiling drills, exaggerate getting low on defense, and have a good attitude with leadership. Hope I helped!  

• futurelegend23 Amateur 26 posts since
    Dec 8, 2011
    3. Sep 19, 2012 8:23 AM (in response to NextCP3)
    I'm tryin out for AAU

Ya anytime. I am only 5'5 and an eight grader. I am only supposed to be 6 foot. Where do you live?

• TarHeelForLife34 Rookie 3 posts since
    Sep 18, 2012
    4. Sep 19, 2012 10:49 AM (in response to NextCP3)
    I'm tryin out for AAU

Good luck, man. I hope you make it. And height doesn't matter, just go out there and play with heart.

• pressurecanner Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 20, 2012
    5. Sep 20, 2012 7:00 PM (in response to NextCP3)
    I'm tryin out for AAU

Hope you get in! Honestly as far as the "tips and drills" go, it might sound vague but practice your *** off all around. It'll pay off, especially with the age you're at. If you're getting that many compliments then you're on the right track and have a good chance so good luck!

• 23AllDayEveryDay Pro 155 posts since
    Aug 1, 2011
    6. Sep 27, 2012 1:47 PM (in response to NextCP3)
    I'm tryin out for AAU

my biggest advice is play your game. In my first year of aau last year, i made the team but felt intimidated by how could the other kids where and defered to my teammates instead of playing how good i could. So just make sure you play your game and dont let anyone else intimidate you on the court. Best of luck man! How long you been playing basketball?

• 23AllDayEveryDay Pro 155 posts since
    Aug 1, 2011
    8. Sep 30, 2012 4:59 PM (in response to NextCP3)
    I'm tryin out for AAU

haha but it sounds like you have been playing for awhile nice.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...