Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

563 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2012 6:54 PM by brndog RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 22, 2012 12:05 PM

Runs & Workouts, Saturday September 22, 2012

A 5 miler for me this morning.  I had intended on another easy paced run, ran the first mile in 9:20, then was shocked to see 8:52 when I hit the second mile, my easy pace has never been that fast.  Went on to run the next 3 miles in 8:53, 8:51 and 8:59.  Those splits are the pace I want to run in next Sunday's marathon, here's hoping for more of the same in a week.

Mike, I got a kick out of yesterday's "mid-run tempo run."  Here's the trick, put blinders on when you run, they'll eliminate those pesky distractions...

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    1. Sep 22, 2012 1:51 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich, Gotta like it when things seem to be getting easier!

Mike, I think the phenomenon you're referring to is called "male ego" 

4 miles today splits were 8:47, 8:00, 7:29, 6:56 for a total of 31:12.  Feeling faster.  Tomorrows a hike after 4 hour drive this evening.

Total miles for week 25.25.

Ray

• brndog Expert 50 posts since
    Jun 14, 2005
    3. Sep 22, 2012 6:54 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

I did get 10 in today to make 25 for the week.  I had to grind it out as I felt a little funky at first. I got both a flu and shingles shot earlier today, which might be correlated??

Tomorrow will be a recovery day with walking 18 holes.  Next week I'll reduce mileage to 18.5 as per Rich's 70% set back formula.

Thanks for the support.  Good runs, and tapers, to everyone.

Mike in Minneapolis

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...