Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

53320 Views 332 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 8:36 PM by jeb6294 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 Previous Next
  • chicachilla Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 27, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Sep 27, 2012 7:52 PM (in response to Laurarunning)
    Anyone starting C25K in late Sept?

Yes!!  I'll C25K with you.  OK let me go do my HW.  I don't know what we're suppose to do here.  Oh I guess I have a lot of catching up to do here.  Oh boy.  I think I'd better start this weekend. 

I have been getting to the gym rather regularly lifting, Spinning, even going out walking as the weather has cooled off (which I LOVE and which helsp with my migraines).  My husband insisted on getting me a Mountain Bike so we can start biking.  We've put about 15 miles on so far.  What fun.  My goal though is to be in FABulous shape, strong, lean, ready to rock the Rugged Maniac this time next year, and I plan on having ripped abs!!

Let's do this things Lads and Lassies!!

• looney2ns Amateur 26 posts since
    Sep 26, 2012
    31. Sep 28, 2012 7:53 AM (in response to Laurarunning)

Just checking in...  did my run this morning.  It was dark and misty outside, but I sure felt good when I finished.  I hope everyone is doing well with their runs!

• DogCrazy1966 Amateur 38 posts since
    Jun 8, 2009
    32. Sep 28, 2012 1:12 PM (in response to Laurarunning)

Had a great W8D1 this morning.  I sure am slow, but I ran the whole time.  I'm thinking I already need a plan for when I'm finished with C25K so I stay on track.  The app has really helped me, I listen to Sarge bullying me into running.  I feel great, life is good

Jun 8, 2009
    33. Sep 28, 2012 1:17 PM (in response to Laurarunning)

This is a you tube video showing kettle bell swings.  I do about 50 to 60, I try to do them 3 x a week.  I don't do all at once, my last session I did two sets of 15, then 2 sets of 10.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0jalJ-3e7U  I really think this has made the difference, it's increasing my leg and core strength.

• Couch2Trackula Amateur 11 posts since
    Sep 28, 2012
    34. Sep 28, 2012 2:22 PM (in response to Laurarunning)

I started Monday and finished the first week today. I've missed running. Anyone else planning to do a Turkey run or whatever, since we have our 5k finish right around Thanksgiving? Alot of cities and places have 5ks on that day. I signed up already, hoping for it to be some extra motivation until then.

• Funat50 Amateur 9 posts since
    Sep 26, 2012
    35. Sep 28, 2012 4:12 PM (in response to Laurarunning)

Why is this displaying my actual name when I put in a display name? I looked at my profile and I did not check to share my name.

• loywi1 Rookie 31 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    36. Sep 28, 2012 8:00 PM (in response to Laurarunning)

Hi...I'd like to jump in here.  I did W1D1 today and loved it.  I did this program 2 yrs ago and I, like others, went back to the couch.  I also had knee surgery approx 2 yrs ago also and I have to STOP complaining and get off the couch.  I downloaded an active.com app for 5k today. I hope to be able to jog the turkey trot this year.  I"m in!  oh, I'm 43 with 3 kids, youngest is 10 and she waits at the corners for me to catch up when we go for a jog. She is my motivation here.. I want to run the turkey trot with her.  Keep on keeping on!!! 

Jun 8, 2009
    37. Sep 28, 2012 11:16 PM (in response to Funat50)

It isn't displaying it for everyone.  Unless your real name is Funat50, lol. 

Sep 28, 2012
    38. Sep 29, 2012 4:48 AM (in response to DogCrazy1966)

lol dogcrazy...we laugh, but now somehere out there Funat50 Smith is dealing with all the bitterness again-why not a normal name mom and dad, why???? jK :P

• Vicky464 Rookie 11 posts since
    Oct 8, 2008
    39. Sep 29, 2012 7:56 AM (in response to Laurarunning)

Hi, I just started this week, today actually.   I am nott new to C25K, I also have done it before, only to stop after completing it.  This time I am doing it with a "class" at the local community learning center.  It was very challenging.   I was at the end of the pack the whole time.  I chalk it up to being 48 years old, and about 45 lb overweight.  I am determined to get back into shape.   Good news is I met someone at the class, so we can do the inbetween runs together.

Hope to get to know everyone, and good luck with your runs.

• greenybeany Amateur 39 posts since
    Sep 24, 2012
    40. Sep 29, 2012 3:16 PM (in response to Couch2Trackula)

hahaha! got a good laugh out of that, couch2trackula!

Anywho, finished W2D2 today. It went well. It felt more like "oh, hello, I'm just casually running here, don't mind me" today, and less like "holy crow I am about to die... water... please... god.."

So thats a good thing... though maybe it was just like that because I was trying to go extra gentle so my hip wouldn't hurt again. Which, thankfully it didn't hurt as bad as last time, just a little bit towards the end. My knee did feel tight/painful throughout the run though.

Maybe every body part is just going to take it's turn hurting while my body adjusts to this running thing? Anyone else having pains?

Sep 28, 2012
    41. Sep 29, 2012 10:33 PM (in response to greenybeany)

Laughing is always good :)  I don't have any specific pain points really. I do know that when I was running before, a few years ago, it was all done on the treadmill and way different. Now that I'm running outside there is a lot more of that jolting body pain when you pound the ground with each step after a while. That gets absorbed and cushioned on a tread mill, so I'm adjusting to that, but it's not TOO bad. Also I'm 6'2 and my bigger stride might make the jolting more prevalent, or not, who knows. I start W2D1 on Monday.

• gogolegs Amateur 11 posts since
    Aug 21, 2012
    42. Sep 30, 2012 5:52 AM (in response to Laurarunning)
    Re: Anyone starting C25K in late Sept?

Me me Me - got to find some motivation guys- HELP!! I have been off for a week due to a full schedule mom- work- homework and add a new puppie which is like having a new baby thats birthcontrol in itself LOL up every 3 hrs to go potty/whining. Its Sunday and I need motivation to get out there, I started mid Aug. was doing 3 miles not really following schedule would just run and then walk when needed was doing average 34 min (3 miles) but striving not to have to stop to walk  I have little patience which I really am trying to work on- my goal is to do a 5k within 28 min at least why I feel the need for that I don't know, I am in pretty good shape have been a gym rat until school my son had to start doin the bus a 6 am no time for the  gym so took up the running  as soon as he got on the bus I took off running.  I thing I have alot to learn with eating properly I was loosing steam alot of course harsh humidy (FL) doesn't help but not much of a early morning eater just coffee and water  would manage half banana or peanutbutter toast

anyone have suggestions light eat before run?   I want to keep in touch with all I love the thread I don't feel so alone with struggles.  Keep up the good work guys maybe - cheer me on plz.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,339 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    43. Sep 30, 2012 6:06 AM (in response to Funat50)

@Funat50 - everyone else sees your screen name.  If you are logged in, you see your real name.  Log out and you'll see your screen name.

Len

Len

• Philly170 Rookie 3 posts since
    Sep 26, 2012
    44. Sep 30, 2012 6:48 AM (in response to Laurarunning)

Completed W2D1 this morning (a couple of days late, but did it). I must admit it was better than W1D1, but I still have a way to go. I feel good though (good that it is over. :-)

1 2 3 4 5 ... 23 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...