Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

664 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2012 7:31 PM by brndog RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 28, 2012 5:02 PM

Runs & workouts, Friday, September 28, 2012

I ate enough carbs today to choke a horse.  From everything I read, you're supposed to eat between 3 and 5 gr's of carbs per pound of bodyweight, so I decided on the middle and at 4 gr's per, targeted 680 gr's.  Right now I'm at 642 and will eat an apple shortly to add another 25 before calling it quits for the day. 

I drank plenty of water as well and think I've accomplished what I wanted.  I understand you can top off in a day and am going to assume that's what I've done.  I'll still eat carbs tomorrow, but at a more normal pace.

I also drove to the race location today to pick up my race packet and was surprised to find a Nike long sleeved tech shirt in the bag, a really nice shirt. 

And I've decided on a short jog tomorrow just to stay loose, probably just a mile.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    1. Sep 28, 2012 6:21 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich, I want to wish you good luck in your marathon tomorrow.

I know you have a time goal, but try to remember, if you can, why you run in the first place: because it's fun and you enjoy it. This can be something I lose sight of myself.

So do your best, but try to run relaxed and steady, and do whatever you are capable of on this day.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• brndog Expert 50 posts since
    Jun 14, 2005
    3. Sep 29, 2012 7:29 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich, have a great run tomorrow.  I hope you hit your goal, but as DH said, enjoy the ride.

You are so right about respecting the distance. A half can be grunted through without adequate training, but a marathon requires the work. The good news is, YOU PUT IN THE WORK!!

Stay tough, you can do it.

Mike in Minneapolis

• brndog Expert 50 posts since
    Jun 14, 2005
    4. Sep 29, 2012 7:31 PM (in response to brndog)

Also, I didn't run today, hanging out with our freshman daughter at Beloit College.

Mike in Minneapolis

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...