626 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2012 6:43 PM by TimothyRak RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 30, 2012 9:07 AM

It's about the shirt Reviews

Share your experiences with the It's about the shirt below

• bradlykline Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 30, 2012
    1. Sep 30, 2012 9:07 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: It's about the shirt Reviews

This is my first time to write a review. I will not be running in this race next year. This race started 20 min. late! Then we were told that their would be someone at the turn around point to tell us where to turn and their was not. Most of the leaders ended up running 1.5 to 2 miles before we realized that we must have missed the turn around mark. By the time we got to where the turn around mark was their was someone there to tell runners to turn around I had already ran 3 extra miles. Poorly managed and too expensive to do in the future.

• AlisonEllis Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 29, 2010
    2. Oct 6, 2012 1:11 PM (in response to Guest )

I loved this race, bumps and all. All first races have hiccups and these organizers had to deal with horrible weather conditions. Easy things to correct and next year will be fabulous. The race will be several weeks later and hopefully the weather will cooperate. AND the money raised goes to a terrific cause, Teen Challenge!

• TimothyRak Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 15, 2011
    3. Oct 13, 2012 6:43 PM (in response to Guest )

There were hiccups in the race.  The start was delayed up to 30 minutes.  The half marathoners didn't know where to turn.  Now, the good:  The race is absolutely beautiful.  The scenery was phenomenal.  The hills were fun.  The course is top notch and is a negative incline after mile 13.  The cause for running this (Teen Challenge) is a worthwhile cause.  Sure, they had problems with the race but it was the first year.  Overall, if you want to run a great marathon I would suggest it.  I have spoken to the course directors and they hope to have a late October run this year.  Eat at the Wash House, stay at the Grand Hotel in Fairhope. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...