Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1015416 Views 4,714 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2013 5:15 PM by timbrown7573 Go to original post 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 ... 315 Previous Next
  • girlintheorchard Pro 168 posts since
    Aug 2, 2010

Steve~Next year's Brewers Mini Marathon is scheduled for 9/28/2013.  The course was rather flat, with elevation increases at each of the bridges and coming out of Miller Valley at 9.5 miles.  http://www.race-brewers.com/course-elevation  Compared to the hills at the Door County HM that I ran in May, this wasn't too bad.  I think you would like the race, the only hitch is packet pick-up was Friday only.  The Milwaukee Visitor's Bureau would love you to stay overnight, dine and enjoy what the city has to offer.  I spoke to some folks from Rockford who drove in on Friday and after pick-up enjoyed the Art Museum, Lakefront Brewery tours and a great dinner at Lake Park Bistro.  It would be great to run together!

Kathy~It can be so easy to let training become the focus at the expense of relationships, isn't it?  It sounds like you have everything in balance, and it sure helps to have family/friends that understand how important running is to us.

Dan~Hope you are enjoying running in the beautiful autumn weather we been given this week.  It sure is the reward for slogging through those 90 degree dust-bowl July days!

Went out for a lovely 3.5 miles on a sunny, crisp morning.  The red maples were gorgeous!!!  I feel recovered from last weekend, and have either been walking or biking to work out all the kinks.  Contemplating running the ZOOMA Women's HM in Lake Geneva on 10/21.........we'll see how Sunday's 8 - 10 mile run goes.

Run strong, friends!

Message was edited by: Debra Stamm Read today that the Brewers Mini Marathon raised $111,000 to benefit the MACC Fund (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer).

• justrundan Legend 202 posts since
    Jul 22, 2011

Urun- my son gave me one of the clip on lights for BD; I'll have to try it out to so I don't have to hold a flashlight as I run.  He also gave me the promise of running the Fox Cities marathon or half marathon with me next September, my choice of race.  That will be fun!

Debra- you're right, the fall colors are near peak here in Sauk County.  Played in golf outing to raise funds for a local camp/retreat center our church works with yesterday morning and the colors on the course and with great views of the bluffs were amazing.  Son/DIL were visiting this weekend so after church we drove through Devil's Lake and gawked at the beauty of God's creation.  And I didn't have my camera.

I did complete the 24.2 miles Friday!  Started in the dark as the moon was setting, beauifully quiet.  Got to watch the dawn and sunrise as well as the sun coming up on all the fall colors in the forests near out home.  I did 3 loops of 6+ miles than added 4.4 on my usual out/back route.  I was really feeling it the last 2-3 miles, and sometimes had to change my run/walk cycle to manage.  I did 1:1 ration for almost all of it, and finished in just shy of 5:20.  Tony, that would make your prediction you made after the HM pretty accurate.  I plan to see how the recovery goes this week before I decide which distance I'll register for, half or full.  Either way, I'll just  be doing shorter runs in the next 3 weeks to try to avoid injury.

Good luck to all those running Chicago next Sunday!  Run strong and safe!!

Dan-started running 1/29/2011 at age 57

notable 2012 runs:

Crazylegs Classic-Madison-8K--4/28/2012--00:52:14

Roxbury Rural Run--5K--5/5/2012-- 29:32-PR

Haslanger Classic--10K--8/4/2012--1:06:19 PR

WO-ZHA-WA Run--HM--9/15/2012--2:37:45

Honky Tonk Marathon- Wisconsin Dells- 10/21/2012-5:39:09

2013 runs:

Fleet Feet New Year's Day Dash-8K-1/1/2013--54:23

Door County HM- 5/4/2013

Fox Cities HM- 9/22/2013 (60thBD!)

• JoniSchatte Amateur 11 posts since
    Feb 2, 2012

Hello! I've been gone for a while. Had a VERY busy August and September :-) Our Son was married in Arlington, Tx on Aug. 12. I Did the flowers for his wedding, Since I'm a florist it was  hard to refuse their request. Although I was hoping just to attend and enjoy.

Aug. 18th~Rode the 38 mile Vernon Burnin' Bike Ride. 1st female to finish

Aug. 25th~Did the Hotter n Hell Bike Ride. Finished 2nd over all female in the 50 mile

Aug. 26th~Wee-Chi-Tah Half Marathon Trail Run. Finihed 2nd in age group. Not a great run for me. I fell on the down hill and took the hide off my forearm Then had to stop and puke....ugh....

Aug. 27th~ Left for a trip to Canada with our Airstream. Had a wonderful time in Alberta at Banff and Jasper.

Sept 15th~ Arrived home with only a week till the Redman Half Iron Man.

I didn't get any swim time in on vacation and little cycling. I was convienced my husband and family were trying to sabotage my training schedule...lol Finally gave up and took the new wet suit to the college pool to get aquinted with the feel.

Aug 20th~Hubby cooperating willingly, left for OKC in the afternoon so I could swim the course in the time allowed before the race. 7-9 am Fri.

Aug 21st~Went out on Lake Hefner for a swim. Winds were high, water white capping... Not good.....Got very little sleep this night due to a party in the RV Park, my nerves, and fear of death in the lake....

Aug 22nd~ Up at 4 am with only about 3 hours sleep. I wanted to just go home. Got to the Course by 4:45am and set up transiton. Met a group of very nice girls my age and that helped calm me a bit. I was really feeling that I had bit off more than I could handle. Chris took a picture of me before the start, which I call the look of TERROR! I had been swimming in the college pool and sometimes in the lake while he fly fished from his Kayak. Nothing prepared me for seeing the 1 1/4 course layed out in the lake. I couldn't even see the 5 foot diameter bouy at the first turn on the triangular course! It was a USA Triathlon Championship, so the qualifiers in the Full and Half were in the first 2 waves. We mature ladies were the last age group with the beginners in the wave behind us. All I did was just start swimming. Stopped at the 3 kayaks to get my bearings. Some people were getting way off course. When I made the first turn I had the hang of sighting in the open water and made the swim in 1:6. My goal was 1:30. I did breast stroke for a few yards to watch the Full Iron Men swim by. What an amazing sight, gave me chill bumps as they glided past like killer whales....

The bike ride went very well. 3:37, my goal 4 hours.I only had 4 packs of Gu, a banana, water and gatoraide during the cycling. My blood sugar stayed up and no problems with nausia as I had feared.

At the half way point of the run I started to over heat and see the little bubbles. The temp was over 94 and I was only taking ice chips and iced sponges at this point. (If I ever see green gatoraide again I'll puke) I could feel that my quads just above the knees wanted to cramp, so I decided to take it easy. I ran and speed walked alternately. I had come to far to DNF. My goal time was 8 hours and I finished in 8:05:34 :-)

I found that everyone I met had a trainer. I had Utube.....I think there are somethings I would do differently, now that I know, but all in all.....so excited that I FINISHED!!!!!! ( and I wasn't last ;-)

Got my Finsher's jersey and medal and the 70.3 sticker for my car that I wanted more than anything!

• Webpro11 Legend 258 posts since
    Feb 27, 2011

Dan you are making great progress. That was a great long run. I haven't been online much since my taper started. We leave for Chicago late Wednesday. I'm ready to go. I developed a foot issue two weeks ago. The Doc suggested I hold off any running till race day. I got a shot of cortisone which seems to have helped.i found out I have bone on bone on my big toe with a spur. Issue appeared after my last long run

I plan on enjoying the race and finishing healthy. hopefully my dedicated training will get me to the finish line.

To all thanks for your support during my journey. Hopefully next week I'll be able to report I chalked one off my bucket list. One month before my 60th birthday. My first full Marathon.

Tony

2012 Races: Tony from Florida

Jan.7,2012 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Orlando FL 02:09:14 PR

Oct 7 2012 Chicago Marathon Chicago Illinois 05:17:43

Feb 10, 2012 Rock N Roll Half Marathon St Petersburg FL

2011 Races:

Started running at 58 ( Nov 23rd 2010)

Half Marathon Results

Oct 31,2011 Fl Halloween Halfathron 02:18:22

Sept 4, 2011 Dodge Rock ‘n’ Roll Virgina Beach Half Marathon 02:28:20

April 30,2011 Country Music Half Marathon Nashville TN 02:56:02

• pkar Pro 66 posts since
    Feb 21, 2011

Hi all Mighty Masters -

I checked back a few pages and see that it's been a while since I posted. So here's how I'm doing on my Team In Training challenge. A couple of weeks ago I did the long walk - it was supposed to be 12 miles, but turned out to be 12.5 miles, with six brutal hills at about the 10 mile distance. I finished in 2hrs, 30 min, which I thought was good.

The next day I did a 10K and finished in 1 hour, 31 minutes. This was a great pace for me, especially since it was my first 10K event. The picture of Marie passing that man was great - I make it a point to try to smile even if I feel pretty shot. This picture below was taken on the 10K home stetch, I look pretty determined - I thought I gave the photographer a nice wide smile, but that last mile was somewhat uphill and against the wind. I actually was able to break iunto a run the last 50 yards over the finish line.

Next Sunday (Oct 7) is my big day - San Jose Rock & Roll Half Marathon. My plan for the rest of this week is to rest tomorrow and do some easy 5K walks in my neighborhood a couple of times dring the week to keep flexible, but not try to add any more training. My original goal was to finish before they open the streets to auto traffic after 4 hours. Now I think a reasonable goal will be to finish in close to 3 hours.I am happy that the TNT had two training groups - runners and walkers. I have concentrated on improving my walking technique as well as gaining stamina for the long haul. As this is not a judged racewalk, it will be OK to run, but I'm not planning to do any running until after half way, and then only a few 15 second jogs to rest the walking muscles.

Our weather had cooled down nicely - until this weekend. They say this high 80s heat spell will break by Wednesday - I hope so. Regardless, I won't be wearing all black. But I'll stck to the capri tights as they support my hips and knees.

Ray - will you be participating in this one? I'll be looking for you. I will be interviewed before the race, as the oldest member of the Team In Training.

First 10 K_0001.jpg

Everyone - stay healthy, run strong, keep smiling - even if you feel awful, you never know when someone will snap your picture.

Phyllis

Phyllis - 87

San Jose CA

Aug 18, 2010 Started walking/running In my Neighborhood, SJ CA 1 mi 26:08 min

My First Race

Nov 14,2010 Habitat for Humanity, Stanford, Ca 5K 56:08 min 3rd Women’s 70+

2012 Events:

1/1/12 New Years Runfor Healthy World Palo Alto 5K 46:33

1/28/12 Coyote Hills, Fremont CA 5K 52:59

3/3/12 Helyer Park, San Jose 5K 46:47

3/10/12 Juana Run Palo alto 8K 1:12:22

3/11/12 Calif. Senior Games Palo Alto Race Walk 5K 44:56 Qualified in my age group for Nationals in 2013

3/17/12 Go Green St Patricks Day Run 5K 31:27 Actual distance run: 2.22 miles

Feb 2, 2012

Phyllis~ You're doing fantastic!! Enjoy your Half Marathon, you've worked hard!

Steve~ Congratulations on the new grand daughter. She's just precious....

Mary Kay~ Sorry about the hamstring. That's a bummer, but you're going to work through it as you are such a trooper.

Dan~ 21 miles, WOW!  Sounds like you're going to be ready for  Full Marathon. Some day I hope to do a full.

Ron & Ray Congrats on the 5 milers! Yor times are great! I just did 5 in 48 yesterday and was happy with that:-)

Marie~ Awesome 10 K! Way to go!!!!

I'm trying to skim the past 2 months and I know I've missed some. Sounds like there is lots of progress being made and goals being met. It's very exciting!

Aug 2, 2010

Joni~Congratulations on your outstanding finish in the Redman Half Iron Man!

Phyllis~Love your beautiful smile and the sheer determination on you face in the photo.  Best wishes to you as you run your first Half Marathon.  You are truly an inspiration to us all!

Tony~Enjoy you first Full Marathon!  It has been a pleasure to read about your training during this journey.  Sorry to hear about the foot injury,  hopefully the cortisone and rest this week will help.  Enjoy each mile knowing you are well prepared for you race.  Safe travels to Chicago, and run strong!

Dan~24.2 miles -- Awesome!  Sounds like you are attune to listening to what your body is telling you and doing a great job adjusting to it. 

Yesterday was an absolutely perfect autumn day to enjoy the changing colors of trees and shrubs along the bike path on my 10 mile run.  Had a nice strong run with a few hills thrown in.  I feel totally recovered from last week's race,  Looking forward to the "frozen custard" run with my son's grade school cross-country team this afternoon.  I have helped coach the team again this year, and they are an amazing group of young runners.  So proud of each of them!

Run strong, friends

• mkayc Legend 582 posts since
    Jun 8, 2011

Am holding up a table so I'll have to read and reply to your posts later. Miss them, though!

Thank you for all those bad experiences that led to this?? I survived the White Tail! I confirmed before I ran that I could still finish if I ran over 4 hrs but I did it in 3:56:09 and was 4th out of 5 females in my AG; there were only 280 total and I placed 265.  I was miserable by the end and took a recovery sick day today but the hardest pain was mental. I must have had a serious deficiency of something because I went into the foulest mood around 7 but thought, *Just stop this; getting upset now will drain you and you're thinking this way bc you're already spent so this is dangerous.* Took off earbuds thinking the music might have been stirring me up but that just made me think more about the ups and downs. Luckily I was pretty much alone because yet another dip to the creek around 11 just made me cry out, "Give me a f'ing break! Another down to another up. When will this sh#t stop?"  I kept the rest to myself and spent the next mile swearing I'd never ever set foot on a trail again, even for a hike. I fell behind everyone, first out of choice and then because breathing problems made me stop running. I was sure for about 5 mi. that I was last and that did not help my mood. It turned out there were 15 people behind me but where, I don't know. It would have helped to know that. At the end I felt guilty taking the medal and was thinking I had failed for all the walking I'd done. Every one of my scars from the surgery hurt. Scott and others tried to make me feel good about the race. "You're doing great!" "Congrats on finishing. Way to stick with it!" All I could think was, *Seriously? Turning around is/was further than finishing.* Then Scott pointed out that I could have gotten a ride at any water stop and I have to admit the thought never entered my mind so I guess I did push through. 

The race itself was great. Folks were very friendly. The condition of the trail, the markings, the weather, the course were all fantastic. The first half of the course was rolling hills and the second was endless ups and downs but only one between 8 and 9 was steep and long. There were good moments during my race, too. Views were great! Trees were turning color and I saw a huge white-tailed buck dart out of the trees and cross in front of me. I spent about 20 min. Sunday talking myself out of driving back up and running the last half of the course again. Srsly? That really could have been an invitation for injury - but it also could have been fun. My main scar just shouted No! More! and I gave in. Still resting.

Run strong and fierce out there!

Mary Kay

Running: Started 5/6/2011; Graduated C25k - 7/21/11; Graduated B210k - 11/24/11;

PRs: 5k - 36:42; 8k - 1:10; 4.15 m - 53.41; 10k - 1:18; HM - 2:56:31

I may be slow but I'm persistant.

Goals: 5k under 30 min.; HM under 2 hr.; AG award in the USAF HM! and one full marathon.

It won't be easy but it will be worth it!

• mkayc Legend 582 posts since
    Jun 8, 2011

Debra, IDK, but running a whole HM in Lake Geneva sounds kinda wet and cold. j/k. What's your reservation about doing it? You certainly have the distance and speed!!! You have a lot going on with your parenting. Looked at the Brewer's MM also for next year. thinking about doing it, also.

Dan, oh, what a wonderful son! You not only will be running together but you can compare training as you prepare. 24.2 and 5:20!! Great time and perseverance!! You'd kill that marathon and have a new PR!!

Phyllis, Are You Kidding??? A Ten mile walk in 2:30?? That is fantastic!!! Your pic is great! You look so strong and determined that I saved it and am going to show it around. I love the hat, too. You look more than ready for that HM. HAVE A GREAT RACE!!!!

Joni, Jeesh your post give me goosebumps! Amazing Tri!!! You said your blood sugar stayed up for the cycling after the swimming and you are talking about 4.5 hrs. total by that time on one banana, 4 GU and Gatorade? Did you actually test your blood sugar or just assume bc you were still moving that all was fine? And then you made it through the run without eating and drinking only ice chips? If you had it to do again, do you think nutrition here would have helped with the cramping? I'm still trying to figure out fueling.

Tony, so sorry to hear of your toe problem! I have really enjoyed following your training for this race! You've been the most rigorous and disciplined with your training routine of anyone and I've marveled at how you managed to avoid injury. You're training will be my touchstone when I start preparing for a marathon. So now, enjoy the race because it's fun and it's time and you have earned this! RUN, TONY, RUN!! Have a great race!!

Run strong and fierce out there!!

Mary Kay

Running: Started 5/6/2011; Graduated C25k - 7/21/11; Graduated B210k - 11/24/11;

PRs: 5k - 36:42; 8k - 1:10; 4.15 m - 53.41; 10k - 1:18; HM - 2:56:31

I may be slow but I'm persistant.

Goals: 5k under 30 min.; HM under 2 hr.; AG award in the USAF HM! and one full marathon.

It won't be easy but it will be worth it!

Feb 2, 2012

Mary Kay~ I've been trying to figure out the nutrition thing for a while. I may have mentioned that I'm hypoglycemic. I eat every 2 hours to keep my blood sugar up. I also have had problems in the past 2 years with nausea after about 6 miles. I stopped having dairy before a race and this helped a little. Then I eleminated as much fiber as possible. I've been reading all kinds of articles and accounts from people. The GU seemed to be the most stomach friendly source of calories for a long Tri. I have to say my stomach was very happy and by the time I began to run I was full and hydrated from the bike, just as I had read. I never got the symptoms I do when I need to eat during the run. As for the quads, I don't know, maybe I should have had one more GU during the run. They never really cramped, but felt tight, you know that stinging burn you get when you're reaching the limit. I wanted to finish more than I cared about my time. Never having done this before, I didn't know how my body would react or if I could push it safely. I should have done some Olympic Distances before jumping up to the Half Iron Man, but none were scheduled close enough for me to do. There was one 2 weeks before, but I was advised not to. I do think the heat was getting to me more than anything. Should have run more after work, rather than just in the mornings.

From what I've read everyone's body has different needs and reactions. If anyone has advise on the nutrition during a race I'd love to hear about it.

Sounds like you did what you set out to do in your race. Good for you! BTW~ I was 560 out of 591 in the tri. 22/23 in my age group. If you count the 10 that didn't finish it sounds even better...lol If you Finish, it's all good! Congratulations!!!

Tony~ Best of luck and enjoy it! You've worked hard to get to this point!

• mimiisarunner Legend 329 posts since
    Nov 12, 2009

Mary Kay! Congratulations on your Trail run! You did awesome and you so did deserve that medal!

Tony! Have a safe trip to Chicago! I cannot wait to read your RR on your first Full Marathon!!! Also.. it seems you will be 60 just a month or so before I will! LOL

Dan! Congrats on your 24 miler! That is quite an accomplishment.

pkar! Wonderful 10 miles! For some reason I cannot see the picture, but sure wish I could. You are so ready for your HM.

Debra, yes, it is very easy to let family and everything else slide when you are training, especially for a Marathon as it is very time consuming. My family is very supportive, but I know my grandaughters will only be little for a short time!

I have been struggling with motivation issues in my running all summer. I am still running 5-6 times a week and I am still loving running, but I just have not wanted to nor had the motivation to train for a Marathon or HM or to even run in a 5K for that matter. I think that 3 HM's and training for and completing a Full Marathon in one year kind of burned me out on racing. Running a full is not the problem...it is the months and months of training in order to run that Marathon that wears you down! LOL

So, I have come to the decision that I am not going to run any events for the rest of this year. I will be training for a HM in the middle of January though and possibly another Marathon in 2013, but I am not going to try to do any more this year. I will be 60 in December and I look forward to competing in the 60-64 and 60-70 AG's! I have felt better and enjoyed my runs much more since I made this decision...with the winter coming, it will be easier to get all of my runs in.

Good luck to everyone who is racing this weekend!! Go Mighty Masters!!!

FM! 3/4/2012 New Orlean RnR - 5:49:55! PR!

10K PR 1:11:22 ( 11:49 mm)

5K PR 30:20 !

Ran 4 HM's in 2011

HM 11/13/2011 PR!!! (2:35:53) Pensacola, FL

HM 12/3/2011 (2;39:27) Ran for fun and training St. Judes, Memphis, Tn

HM 01/07/2011 (2:48:23) First Light HM - Mobile, AL (My very first HM)

HM 02/14/2011 (2:40:23) Mercedes Benz - Birmingham, AL

2013 Events:

1-5-13 Ms. Blues HM 2:44:57

1-13-13 Gulf HM 2:40:xx

2-24-13 Disney Princess Half Marathon

3/20/2013 Azalea TR 10K

4-7-2013 Pensacola Beach Half Marathon

• suzeecat Amateur 20 posts since
    Feb 28, 2012

Woohoo, Chicago, here I come! 

Tony, you probably won't see this until you get back since you mentioned that you're leaving today, but I'll "see" you in Chicago, it will be my first marathon, too!  I can't wait to exchange experiences with you here when we return!  I'm so excited, and so thankful that the weather report is almost picture perfect, highs in the 50s with only a 10% chance of rain.  I'm getting more nervous about the travel logistics right now because I'm not a frequent traveler and don't know the ins and outs of mass transit, which Chicago has an abundance of.  I fly into Chicago on Saturday, and back home on Monday.  Once I get to the start line, THEN I can get nervous about the running, LOL!  But I know that I trained very well, I have learned a TON, and I trust the training. 

As anyone who has done this will know, and as Debra and Kathy have mentioned, the training takes a lot out of a person and it's hard to fit in a full time job and keeping up a household and family obligations.  Having NEVER run before I started this training, it's been a constant uphill battle, constantly (though in small increments) increasing the mileage, and a hot, humid summer, and the entire time I couldn't wait for it to be over.  Now that I am tapering (in the cooler Fall temps) I can enjoy the running and for the first time actually think that I may continue to run to some degree after the marathon experience.  I just may enjoy running when I don't have to stick to a rigid schedule of so many miles on specific days. 

As a nice side effect, I have lost almost 15 lbs and my jeans and all the Fall and Winter clothes I put away in May are pretty loose and sad-looking. 

Sue P. (age 57)

Started running January, 2012

First Marathon, Chicago 10/7/12 - 5:53:31

• mimiisarunner Legend 329 posts since
    Nov 12, 2009

Ohh....good luck SuzeCat!!! I did not realize that you are running Chicago also! The Mighty Master will be well represented and I also know of about 4 others on a different board that I am on that are running Chicago Full also!

I will have a great day of stalking runners in Chicago!!

FM! 3/4/2012 New Orlean RnR - 5:49:55! PR!

10K PR 1:11:22 ( 11:49 mm)

5K PR 30:20 !

Ran 4 HM's in 2011

HM 11/13/2011 PR!!! (2:35:53) Pensacola, FL

HM 12/3/2011 (2;39:27) Ran for fun and training St. Judes, Memphis, Tn

HM 01/07/2011 (2:48:23) First Light HM - Mobile, AL (My very first HM)

HM 02/14/2011 (2:40:23) Mercedes Benz - Birmingham, AL

2013 Events:

1-5-13 Ms. Blues HM 2:44:57

1-13-13 Gulf HM 2:40:xx

2-24-13 Disney Princess Half Marathon

3/20/2013 Azalea TR 10K

4-7-2013 Pensacola Beach Half Marathon

Aug 2, 2010

Sue~All the best to you in running your first Full Marathon in Chicago!  I am so excited for you!  Your posts  have been such an inspiration to me.  Training for a marathon is daunting!  I cannot fathom the commitment and sacrifice it takes to prepare mentally and physically for the challenge.  Trust your training, enjoy the route and the cheers of encouragement from the spectators and when you cross the finish line and the the medal is placed around your neck, smile big!  Note:  Lots of great shopping in Chicago to help with the start of a new wardrobe!  Congrats on the weightloss:) 

Run strong!

• PaintingLady Legend 906 posts since
    Dec 12, 2009

Tony & Sue and any others I may have missed that are running Chicago full this weekend.....good luck and run well!  I know you all have trained and are ready, so trust the training. I anxiously await the race reports.

I've been nursing a strained peroneal tendon which has made my heel bursitis flare up. So, basically 3 weeks of little to no running. The pain was greatly diminshed today when I walked the dog, so I plan to run tomorrow. Taking time off in the middle of training for Goofy has not been good, but I've done cross training so hopefully haven't lost too much conditioning.

Sorry I don't have the time to shot out to everyone tonight. Please know that I'm keeping up w/ all the posts and very proud and excited for each of you on your progress and accomplishments.

Marie from Tennessee

Training for Disney 2013 Goofy Challenge.....Yes, I'm certifiably CRAZY!

61 year olds must be out of their minds to run a half marathon followed by a full the next day!

Disney Half Marathon 1/7/2012 2:37:59

Bear Hunt 5K 9/24/11 28:28 pb

Trojan Trek Trail 5K 8/6/11 31:45

Expo 10K 5/28/11 1:01:28,

Expo 10K 5/26/12 1:05:39

Eastman 10K 9/8/2012 1:01:11 pb

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...