Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

500 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 5:40 PM by Rich in NH RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 2, 2012 10:46 AM

Runs & workouts, Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Not sure this qualifies as a workout, but I wanted to do something to jumpstart my recovery from Sunday's race, so walked / jogged 2 miles on the railtrail this morning.  Active recovery seems to work best for me, so I make it a point to keep moving. 

I dunno Dark Horse, we seem to be losing members.  Mike, how're you doing?

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    1. Oct 2, 2012 10:28 AM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Runs & workouts, Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Rich, Sorry, I've been out of it the last week.  I know your marathon didn't turn out the way you expected, but you finished and that in itself is an accomplishment to take some pride in.

My yellow jacket bite turned out to be a bit more serious then expected.  2 more trips to emergency before they were able to figure out that I had "serum sickness" (proteins in the bite caused an auto-immune response).  Needless to say my 10K didn't go that well on Friday and I haven't done anything since.  Hoping to run today tho, but we're in the middle of a heat wave, so we'll see... 

Ray

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    3. Oct 2, 2012 2:32 PM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Re: Runs & workouts, Tuesday, October 2, 2012

5 miles in ~47:30 followed by 1.1 mile walk - 99F.  Thought temp was mid to low 90s, but nope pretty near 100F.  Thought I must still be feeling the affects of the bite, probably so, but temp is probably a big factor too.  Legs felt dead, but breathing better.

Never know, DH may have some influence on the insects out here 

Ray

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...