Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

660 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2012 7:20 AM by Dark-Horse RSS
Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
Dec 16, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 5, 2012 12:47 PM

Runs & workouts, Friday, October 5, 2012

Gym workout: stretching, calisthenics, light weights.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    1. Oct 5, 2012 2:12 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)

DH, is your physical test this weekend?

Rich, the 5k sounds like it would be fun.  I'm looking at a 5k for next weekend - wife is going to do the 1/2...

6 miles today, first 3 in 26:48 (8:56/mi),  4 - 8:26, 5 - 8:41 and 6 - 8:10.  Temps ~74F (25 degrees cooler - no wonder I felt so much better)

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    3. Oct 6, 2012 3:59 AM (in response to rcuriel)

I'm a day late posting here, but so what? lol

2 miles on the railtrail, splits were 10:57 and 9:51.  I picked the pace up a bit in the 2nd mile to see how my legs would feel and they're still not 100%, but probably close enough to get me through a 5K.

Dark Horse, I like your chances in next week's test, do you have a time goal you're shooting for?

Nice run Ray, the leaves are falling here in NH and our temp is about to cool by 25 degrees as well.  Then another 25 and another 25..... sigh.  The coldest I've run in is 7 below with a wind.  

Getting ready to head for the 5K shortly, I feel pretty good this morning.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...