Skip navigation

227 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 7, 2012 8:04 AM by Chris Nenzel RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 7, 2012 8:04 AM

2012 No Hill Hundred Centruy Bike Tour Reviews

Share your experiences with the 2012 No Hill Hundred Centruy Bike Tour below Back to event details page.

• Chris Nenzel Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 13, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 7, 2012 8:04 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 2012 No Hill Hundred Centruy Bike Tour Reviews

I'll get my only critizism for the ride out of the way right off the bat. 

Much of the route follows roads marked as bike route but Fallon and Churchill county do not seem to be maintaining these roads very well.  As a result at least 40 miles of the ride is over road surfaces that are in really poor repair.  I hope the city and county use some of those federal funds to resurface the roads before next year's event.

On to the good stuff!  The ride is well supported.  There were adequate rest stops (though I might have liked one more peppered in after the 50 or so mile mark).  The course was well marked and I was able to complete it without looking at the routesheet.  The event volunteers were friendly, supportive and knew the answers to basic questions like "how much further is it" and "where is the next rest stop".

I will end by saying that there ARE hills - two little climbs in the first 30 miles but after that it was flat as flat could be. All in all I enjoyed the ride and will probably do it again next year. 

Heh!  Yippie!  I get to put a 100 sticker on my VW!!! !!!! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...