Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

506 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 12:25 PM by rcuriel RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 7, 2012 4:03 PM

Runs & workouts, Sunday, October 7, 2012

I took the day off from running today and rode the mountain bike on the railtrail instead.  6 miles in 31:06.  Wish I could RUN that fast...lol 

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• brndog Expert 50 posts since
    Jun 14, 2005
    1. Oct 7, 2012 10:35 PM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Runs & workouts, Sunday, October 7, 2012

Watching the Twin Cities Marathon was great.  The temp was a little chilly at around 30 degrees.

I got to see the women's winner go by.  Probably 5'2 and a 100 lbs, running in a sports bra and shorts, and it was cold.  She was a little behind the pack, and looked like she was sprinting and working hard.  I thought to myself that she probably couldn't keep up that pace.  Apparently I'm not a good judge of running form or stamina.  She finished strong. She runs with the Boston Athletic running team (some name like thay) and had their colors on.

It is truely amazing to see the different running forms and the collection of folks running a marathon.  Great people watching.

I was feeling a little off today and only ran 4 instead of 10.  It was cool and sunny, yet my heart rate was up, and my speed down.  Something must of been out of sync, but I'll see tomorrow and will try another 4.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Rich that we are blessed with being able to run, no matter how fast or slow, we stay in shape and benefit mentally as well.  Not a bad at all.

Hi to DH and Ray.

Rich, if your not doing anything on 12/9, come on down and run the Dallas Whiterock Half.  I'll buy you a spaghetti dinner   A half would be a regular Sunday stroll for you now at your fitness level.

Mike in Minneapolis

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    3. Oct 8, 2012 12:25 PM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Re: Runs & workouts, Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mike, like Rich said about taking it easy sometimes.  It's hard sometimes to recognize when the body/mind needs a rest vs wants a rest.

Ended up taking Saturday off and only ran 3.1 yesterday (mile 1: 8:41; 2: 7:57; 3: 7:00; .1: :40) total time 24:18.

Total miles for the week 17.1 - I feel like such a slacker

Ray

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...