Skip navigation

275 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 6:55 AM by sampags RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 8, 2012 6:55 AM

13.1 Marathon Atlanta Reviews

Share your experiences with the 13.1 Marathon Atlanta below Back to event details page.

• sampags Amateur 11 posts since
    Sep 12, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 8, 2012 6:55 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 13.1 Marathon Atlanta Reviews

This is my fourth Atlanta 13.1.  I've run them all.  What I find particularly disappointing is the fact that when I run Ft. Lauderdale next month, I'm going to get the same shirt and same medal.  One of the attractions of the R-N-R series is that you get a different shirt and medal for each race, every year.  They theme them to the city which makes R-N-R a bit unique.  If 13.1 is going to grow, you've got to spend a little on the "bling".  Runners run not for the "bling" granted,  but it sure is nice to look back over the years and remember each event with each different medal!  Organization was very good and the parking was orderly.  Course signage, etc..., was good.  Putting lights on the speed bumps was a good touch...I remember the first year!  Finish line food and drinks were plentiful.  Great volunteers...kudos to them for coming out so early.  I believe this course is one of te hillest I've run, and that includes Nashville which I thought was hilly, but Atlanta takes the cake.  The hill in front of Marist High School is a kick in the a@@.  As is the hill after mile ten coming out of the park.  Will be back for year five to keep the streak alive.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...