Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1569 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 8:29 AM by trace_element
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 7, 2012 4:02 AM

The Heroes Ride Reviews

Share your experiences with the The Heroes Ride below Back to event details page.

• js56 Rookie 6 posts since
    Mar 28, 2010
    1. Oct 7, 2012 4:02 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: The Heroes Ride Reviews

This was my third time to ride in this event. It was great as usual. The routes were marked well and the rest stops were fabulous. I especially enjoyed the BBQ afterwards. Thank you to the event organizers and all volunteers for a job well done. 

• Jennifer15503 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 18, 2009
    2. Oct 7, 2012 11:38 AM (in response to Guest )

This was a great ride with lots of hills. Route was well marked and support staff was very friendly. Great meal after the ride. Two improvements for next year would be to have first aid available at the rest stops as well as some basic bike maintenance.

• Tyboge Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 26, 2011
    3. Oct 7, 2012 3:08 PM (in response to Guest )

The ride was great, hills were challenging and everyone was really nice.  Course could have been marked better especially on major turns and direction to head when encountering a rest stop.  I will be sure to sign up again for next year's ride.

• William Saxton Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 18, 2008
    4. Oct 7, 2012 8:26 PM (in response to Guest )

Great cause and great people. Weather was perfect but the 71 mile ride had way too many miles of roads with no shoulder and high speed traffic. Large portion of the ride was on very bumpy roads. Liked the stickers on the road marking the way.

• mamillertx Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 7, 2012
    5. Oct 8, 2012 5:59 AM (in response to Guest )

The ride on 10/6/12 was very good with challenging hills. It was marked ok except for first major intersection threw a group of us off for the 50 route. There were a couple of moments with angry dogs chasing our bikes on back roadsmaybe people can know about event and keep dogs tied up? Otherwise the organizers are super nice and the cause is great! The smoked chicken afterwards was fablike the rodeo! Would do again!

• toytomtou Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 7, 2010
    6. Oct 8, 2012 6:19 AM (in response to Guest )

Great ride .. Great day ..  Will say that last turn across the busy highway could of used someone to Direct traffic.. Cars driving 50/60 mph it was a bit scary! Oh and the dogs chasing us was Crazy!!!!

• StephenJones60 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 2, 2012
    7. Oct 8, 2012 7:15 AM (in response to Guest )

Pros: Great cause, well marked route, friendly people, great weather. Cons: My son and I were the first through on the 23 mile route and the rest stop was not open (after being chased by so many dogs, we just road straight through without stopping); also, could have used some traffic support crossing 1484 (scary with my 12 year old son).  BBQ was an hour from being ready when we finished, so we left hungry (not a big deal, it was nice of them to have it there).  Bottom line: we'll go back to the Tomball wheels of Justice ride (that was a great ride; same great cause, same great people) but skip the Willis /Conroe ride, too many stray dogs and roads too narrow to be dealing with motorist so unfriendly to cyclist.

• heidi.lofton Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 5, 2008
    8. Oct 8, 2012 8:38 AM (in response to Guest )

Great ride for a great cause. Dogs must have been tired by the time I came through, because I didn't see any! Great support provided with a good meal afterwards. Will definitely sign up again next year.

• trace_element Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 14, 2011
    9. Oct 9, 2012 8:29 AM (in response to Guest )

Great ride over a lovely and challenging (at times) course. We only ran into a couple of loose dogs, but they responded immediately to a stern "Get off the couch!!" Support was good, routes were marked well and easy to follow, and the BBQ after ride was excellent. We?ll be back again next year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...