Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

879 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 11:04 AM by Stephan Looney
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 20, 2012 10:23 AM

9th Annual Marshall University Marathon Reviews

Share your experiences with the 9th Annual Marshall University Marathon below Back to event details page.

• UV254 Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 3, 2010
    1. Jun 20, 2012 10:23 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 9th Annual Marshall University Marathon Reviews

Ran the 2011 Marshall Marathon - it was okay.  Check in the night before was pretty hectic, and nobody seemed to know where the free pasta dinner was located. (There certainly weren't any signs up.)

Good traffic control during the race, and the course was as scenic (as could be hoped for in Huntington). 

A few concerns; Not only is the route a loop, but some segments are run two-ways.  That means that you'll see certain parts of the race FOUR times (e.g., through the riverfront park). Maybe this explains why the mile markers were so unclear.  Letting runners know how far they have run is important, and should be easily accomplished. Were the signs last year distance run? Distance remaining? For which loop? Which direction? For the half-marathon or full marathon?  Very confusing.

Also, I got pretty thirsty.  Not nearly enough water / drink stations.  Seems like there were a few spots where the fluids were more than 3 or 4 miles apart.

Gotta use the bathroom? I hope you like to hold it, because I only saw race-provided toilets at two locations on the route.

I attribute some of these concerns to the fact that 2011 was the first year for this route. Hopefully 2012 will be a bit smoother since it'll be the second time using this new loop route.  But overall, it was fine; if you're going to pay $60 to run for a few hours on a Sunday morning, it might as well be here.

• lkfrali Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 7, 2012
    2. Oct 9, 2012 8:43 PM (in response to Guest )

I could not figure out how to register for it. This site is a joke!

• Stephan Looney Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 20, 2012
    3. Nov 14, 2012 11:04 AM (in response to Guest )

The marathon was great, well organized and lots of fun. Easy to register, easy to park, well marked. Was a great time! Will be there next year!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...