Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

424 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2012 8:05 AM by rcuriel RSS
brndog Expert 50 posts since
Jun 14, 2005
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 10, 2012 9:25 PM

Runs and Workouts, Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Can't let the day go by with no post.

I got 4 in today and 4 yesterday.  The run went pretty well and my time is starting to come down after putting in more miles.  I was getting a little worried that the big 60 dropoff was hitting, not that I was ever that fast. Was hitting some sub ten minute miles and at a reasonable, sustainable HR.  It would be great to do the upcoming half in sub 10's, with a stretch to do 9:08's like I did a couple years back.

Starting to do a tiny bit of speed work, as it does seem to benefit my pace.  The cool to cold weather suits my running just fine.

Nice run yesterday Ray.  You must be pass the bee sting.

Rich, I do think your plan of backing off a little to recover from a lot of hard training makes sense.  I think the elite runners do something similar.

Mike in Minneapolis

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Oct 11, 2012 4:42 AM (in response to brndog)

Hey Mike, you're running well lately, eh?  I'm with you, I'll take cool weather over hot & humid any day. 

And yeah, I'm taking it easy for a bit, I've got a few aches and pains I need to be careful with, they're not injuries, but they've got my attention.

So.... I ran 3 miles on the railtrail @ recovery pace. 

Dark Horse, do you have your game face on yet?  How are you feeling?

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    2. Oct 11, 2012 8:05 AM (in response to Rich in NH)

Ran late last night on the treadmill.  3.25 miles mile 1 - 8:51, 2 - 7:50, 3 - 7:07,  0.25 - 6:52/mi. It was cooler.

Mike, sounds like the trainings going well.  Almost over the sting, mostly. Close, calves feel oddly tight compared to before.

Rich, rest is good sometimes.

Ray

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...