Skip navigation

972 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 11, 2012 12:28 AM by Prudential1
BallinOut24 Amateur 9 posts since
Jul 8, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 8, 2012 5:51 PM

playing a new position

This basketball season,i'm planing to play pf or center but i played sg for 5 years before this.i still tend to play at the wing but my coach says i should play in the post.How can i work on my post moves without having a defender?

"Talent wins games,but team work and intelligence wins championships."- Michael Jordan

• Prudential1 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 11, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 11, 2012 12:28 AM (in response to BallinOut24)
    playing a new position

switching from Sg to a Big Man position is tough, and you'll have to be strong and big enough to make the switch. Assuming you can do the things any SG can do, your speed and Shooting ability will help you have something your opposing post players don't. Anyway, get a boz or anything heavy enough and suitable for you to make contact with and put it where you plan to practice. Do drop steps, hooks, power dribbles and anything you want to learn and make sure you make some level of contact, or have to shoot over the object you put in place. Be sure you have a strong hook and power dribble before using the object.

I am a PG, I played in the post at a young age and know what I'm doing in the post but cannot execute with taller players.

Good Luck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...