Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

582 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 10:26 PM by brndog
Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
Dec 16, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 12, 2012 8:57 AM

Runs & workouts, Friday, October 12, 2012

Light gym workout. Nothing major, just stretched out the muscles and got the blood flowing.

I am so injury-prone, I don't dare do any hard workouts till after my annual fitness test tomorrow. The bottom line is, I just need to check this box and move on to the next thing. If I run 14:49 or better for the 2-mile run, I get the max score for my age group. That would be nice, and if I feel good I'll go for it.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Oct 12, 2012 12:06 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)

Good luck tomorrow Dark Horse...

I started out this morning running on the railtrail, but within a 1/4 mile didn't like the way it was going, so stopped and walked home.  An hour later I grabbed the mountain bike and headed out, 10 miles in 50:17. 

5 minute miles in the dirt is a good pace, so at least I salvaged the day. 

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    2. Oct 12, 2012 3:39 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Good luck tomorrow DH!

Rich, good to just get out and exercise some days.

5 miles walking, 1.5 hours - still cool and overcast with slight mist.  Less wind today.  Lots of geese and I think coots.

Ray

• brndog Expert 50 posts since
    Jun 14, 2005
    3. Oct 12, 2012 10:26 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)

Good luck DH.  Highest rating in age group is cool if it is meant to be.

Walked 18 holes today and played horribly, but got some exercise in, so not a lost day.

Planning on running 6-8 tomorrow at whatever pace feels right, just to get some miles in.

My freshman daughter comes home from college tomorrow for a week, so am pretty excited about having the "kid" back home for a visit.

Good cross-training days for Rich and Ray, good to mix it up a bit.  Does anyone have any races upcoming?

Mike in Minneapolis

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...