Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

453 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2012 6:58 PM by brndog RSS
brndog Expert 50 posts since
Jun 14, 2005
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 15, 2012 4:49 PM

Runs and Workouts, Monday, October 15, 2012

Ran 4 miles today 10.03 per, a couple over 10, the last two under, felt good.  My Achilles are finally adjusted to new shoes, so feeling little pain.  Going to shoot for 25 this week, did 20 last week.

I had plantar fasciitis a few years back and it is not treat.   It definitely required some rest, but could run some if I took it very easy.  Having for four years like DH would be hell.  The condition has ended the careers of a number of NBA players, as the pain is not one that is all that easy to ignore.

Nice 10.3 miler Ray.  I wish I could cajole my wife and daughters to get into running.  My wife started, but faltered, inspire of my numerous pep talks, reverse psychology, and general harassment etc.

I never thought about teachers standing all day on cement floors, ouch.

Mike in Minneapolis

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    1. Oct 15, 2012 5:06 PM (in response to brndog)

Duelling threads for Monday.  Rich's thread is a couple minutes older (assume he types faster ) so moving more detailed reply there...

Ray

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    2. Oct 15, 2012 6:35 PM (in response to brndog)

Doggone it Mike, I looked to see if anyone had started this thread before I typed mine out, but you and I must have been typing at the same time. 

It's tough getting old, I'll try to do better next time...

Nice run today and good luck getting to 25 for the week. 

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...