Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

507 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 10:30 PM by brndog RSS
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 16, 2012 3:46 PM

Runs and workouts, Tuesday October 16, 2012

I decided to try running today, so laced up the flats and ran 3 miles on the railtrail.  Splits were 10:37, 10:03 and 9:46.  My foot was sore from the start, but the goal was to run without aggravating what's already sore and I think I accomplished that.  I stretched afterwards, then iced my foot.

Later in the day I rode 5 miles on the mtn bike in 23:53. 

Tomorrow will be the test, if I haven't made things worse by running, I'll probably try for 2 days in a row and see where it leads...

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    1. Oct 16, 2012 3:58 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich,  sounds like it was a "good" run.  One thing I'm going to say is be very careful.  If you can, I would avoid Ibuprofen and any other NSAIDs, the most recent studies I've read conclude they retard the healing process.  They help you function, but in the long run you're better off not taking them. 

6 miles today in 53:10 today it was Sunny and felt HOT (~77F), was completely drenched when I got back to the office.

Ray

• brndog Expert 50 posts since
    Jun 14, 2005
    3. Oct 16, 2012 10:30 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

No run for me today.  Played golf and ended up riding a cart as my friend couldn't walk. Feel like a freeloader today, as I don't like missing days without some exercise.

Looking forward to a 6 miler tomorrow.

Good run Ray, and feel free to send some of that heat to MN! 

I think your approach is sound Rich, trying to run a little bit. Just try to avoid pushing it too quickly, as I think the benefits can turn in to detriments pretty easily.  Runners are not always known for prudence, present compant excepted, of course.  :)

Mike in Minneapolis

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...