Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

610 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 7:47 PM by Dark-Horse RSS
Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
Dec 16, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 18, 2012 12:11 PM

Runs & Workouts, Thursday, October 18, 2012

5 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, in 45:49 (9:10 mile pace).

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    1. Oct 18, 2012 2:00 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)

Good run DH!

6 miles in 56:03, 9:21 miles.  Temp was 88F, but windy got to see a couple dust devils  Canada geese were oddly clumped today, got to dodge inbetween the buggers today (always get to dodge their turds...)

Ray

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    3. Oct 18, 2012 3:59 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)
    Re: Runs & Workouts, Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nice running you two.  I rode 8 miles on the mtn bike this morning in 39:15.  A little while ago I did a series of floor exercises, push-ups, sit-ups, etc. 

I didn't use the walking sticks, but did break them out and dust 'em off.   D.H., the idea behind the walking sticks is to get an upper body workout, emphasizing push-off with the arms and shoulders but NOT driving with the legs. 

We're forecast for rain tomorrow, but if it holds off long enough I'll give the walking sticks a try.  If they don't work, I'll put 'em in storage with my running shoes...lol

I've got a buddy here who loves Canada Geese.  He owns a farm and boards horses for people, among other things.  When a flock of geese spend the day in his fields, it means LOTS of free fertilizer...lol

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• brndog Expert 50 posts since
    Jun 14, 2005
    4. Oct 18, 2012 7:39 PM (in response to Dark-Horse)

Nice run for you all.  Got tied up in a meeting and spent time with daughter, so did not get a run in.

Really need to get a long run in this weekend as per half training.  I did 20 total last week (with an 8) and want to hit at least 20 this week, with a 10 miler sometime over the weekend.  The long runs are key for me in getting ready for a half.

88 degrees sounds pretty good Ray!

Mike in Minneapolis

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...