Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

596 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 2:02 PM by rcuriel
rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
Mar 2, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 17, 2012 10:12 PM

Runs & Workouts, Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Morning treadmill session 3.5 mi in 27:43, evening session 3.5 miles in 28:51.  Warm again today tried to beat and outlast the warmer stuff.  Didn't help much.

Rich, hope the foot is doing better.

DH and Mike hope you both got some exercise in today.

Ray

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    1. Oct 18, 2012 6:04 AM (in response to rcuriel)

First workout was a 4 mile run on the railtrail, splits were 10:14, 9:57, 9:40 and 9:34.  Second was a 6 mile mtn bike ride in 27:43

I stretched and iced my foot after both the run and ride, but it wasn't enough, I have to stop running 'til my foot gets better.  Runner's tend to be a hard headed bunch, we hate to lose the fitness we've worked so hard to build and I'm no exception.

However, I've been through this sort of thing before and know that the sooner I stop acting like an idiot by running when I shouldn't, the sooner I'll be running the way I want.

Sooo... it's time to break out the walking sticks, oil the chain on the bike and try to hang onto as much fitness as I can. 

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Dark-Horse Legend 285 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    2. Oct 18, 2012 12:09 PM (in response to Rich in NH)

Rich in NH wrote:

Sooo... it's time to break out the walking sticks

Rich, don't walk! Walking is bad, too! The bike may be OK, though, if you aren't pressing on the pedal with your heel.

Dark Horse

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...